AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Hello! I'm JT Genter — the new Editor-in-Chief for the AwardWallet Blog.
I've been an editor and writer for the AwardWallet Blog for the last two and a half years. Now, I'm stepping into this new role as Erik Paquet shifts his focus to growing our family of AwardWallet members and improving our tools and resources.
This moment of transition is a great time to update you on the blog and what you can expect going forward.
What you can expect from the AwardWallet Blog
The AwardWallet Blog focuses on informing you about the latest in earning, spending, and avoiding the expiration of your points and miles. This includes posts about loyalty program promotions, transfer bonuses, program guides, redemption sweet spots, expiration policies, elite status shortcuts and offers, credit card reviews, buy miles promotions, and the latest tools from AwardWallet.
At this time, we focus on writing about promotions and earning opportunities that will be around for at least a few days. However, we will occasionally share incredible award deals and award availability alerts.
To declutter the AwardWallet Blog, we often update existing posts with the latest promotion. So, you can bookmark one URL to see the latest Hilton promotion, IHG buy points offer, or travel-related Amex Offers. Just keep in mind that you might see comments that refer to previous promotions.
We do not report on irrelevant aviation news, new hotel openings, cruise news, or the latest clickbaity outrage story of the day. Instead, we are here exclusively to help you maximize your loyalty programs.
AwardWallet Blog Notifications
We currently publish 3 posts per day. You can subscribe to get an email, browser notification, and/or AwardWallet app push notification every time a post is published. If you already get too many notifications, we offer daily and weekly email digest options.
To manage your notifications, log into your AwardWallet account and browse to your Notifications preferences. A little more than halfway down the page, you'll find the option for “new blog posts”:
If you don't already have an AwardWallet account, join using my registration link to get a six-month trial of AwardWallet Plus.
Comments on the AwardWallet Blog
We are committed to maintaining a comment section on the AwardWallet Blog. Unfortunately, we are no longer able to offer bonus AAdvantage miles for comments. But, we still want to hear from you.
All comments are manually approved, so you won't see your comment post immediately. We review and approve comments at least daily. We do our best to address any relevant questions or feedback — including constructive criticism. However, comments that are profane, insulting, threatening, spammy, or contain personal information are trashed.
Join The AwardWallet Blog Team
Interested in writing for AwardWallet? We want to hear from you!
AwardWallet currently consists of a small but passionate team of writers. And we are looking for fresh perspectives. Writing experience is preferred but not required. Instead, we care about your passion for points and miles.
If you're interested in becoming a contributing writer, fill out this Google Form to let us know.
We are also looking for a content updater/frontline editor. Ideally, someone with a working knowledge of several loyalty programs and who stays up-to-date on travel-rewards news and promotions. Click here for more details about this position. If you’re interested in applying, please fill out this short questionnaire, and someone from the AwardWallet Blog team will contact you.
AwardWallet is the premier way to track your loyalty program point balances, expiration dates, and elite status. However, AwardWallet is so much more than this. The incredible team behind AwardWallet is constantly developing and improving tools.
Maximize your credit card earnings
- Credit Card Spend Analysis and Transaction Analyzer — both tools for analyzing your credit card spending and showing where you could have earned more points by using a different card.
- Merchant Category Lookup Tool — ever wonder what category a merchant codes as? This tool uses anonymized AwardWallet user data to tell you how a merchant has coded in the past.
- Merchant Category Code Reverse Lookup — lists all merchants that qualified for a bonus category for a particular card.
Using your points and miles
- Transfer Partners Tool — see all transfer partner options for each program, transfer ratios, transfer times, and any ongoing transfer bonuses.
- Point and Mile Values — the value of dozens of airline, hotel, and bank currencies based on actual AwardWallet user redemptions. Or enter customized values based on your personal valuations.
- Award Hotel Research Tool — highest-value hotel redemptions in each destination.
- Loyalty Program Promotions — only see promotions for the loyalty programs you care about with this personalized list of promotions.
- Historical Travel Summary — automatically builds a map of all flights that you've tracked through AwardWallet.
- Travel Statistics — see summarized travel data of AwardWallet users — including the number of trips, cancellations, point earnings, and redemptions made.
Thank You From the AwardWallet Blog
Finally, I want to take this moment to thank you for being a reader. The AwardWallet Blog has grown significantly over the past couple of years, allowing us to expand our team and invest in new tools and products. And we couldn't do that without your support.
Each time you apply for a new credit card through one of our links, you help support our team of writers. That gives us the resources to write more program guides, buy miles and transfer bonus posts, and expiration guides and hacks. So, we appreciate it when you're able to support us.
How would you like to see the AwardWallet Blog improve?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.