AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Wyndham Rewards has announced a status match challenge. With this promotion, you can receive Wyndham Gold automatically, and you will also receive Platinum or Diamond status for 90 days, in which you have to complete 7 or 14 nights respectively to keep your status for another year.
- Sign in or join Wyndham Rewards
- Go to the Wyndham Rewards status match page
- Submit your current Elite credentials
- If successful you should receive Wyndham status within 5-7 days
Which status you receive will depend on the current status you hold with another hotel loyalty program. With the promotion you can match your status from the following programs:
- Choice Privileges
- World of Hyatt
- Best Western
- Radisson Rewards
- Omni Select Guest
Challenge For Platinum & Diamond
- With the promotion, you will receive a minimum of Wyndham Gold with no requirement to complete any stays
- If your status matches to Platinum or Diamond, you will receive status for 90 days and need to complete 7 nights (Platinum) or 14 nights (Diamond) within that period to retain your status through the end of the following calendar year
Remember the date that counts is the date of the last night you complete the challenge of either Platinum or Diamond. If you complete the last of the 7 or 14 nights in 2018, you will receive status with Wyndham through December 31, 2019. Holding fire and completing your last night in January 2019, you would end up with status through December 31, 2020.
If you hold Elite status with another hotel family, then this promotion could yield some value. Switching your entire loyalty and stay pattern in the long term just because of a status match does not make much sense. However, if you have an upcoming stay or two at a Wyndham property, then matching your status to enjoy the perks and benefits makes lots of sense. If you manage to complete the challenge in the time frame you can enjoy the perks and benefits of status for a year or two, otherwise just enjoy it for a few stays.
Source: Deals We Like
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.