AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Singapore Airlines is one of the few loyalty programs that partners with every major flexible point currency. That means that whether you collect Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rewards, Capital One Miles, ThankYou Points, or Bonvoy points, you can transfer points to your KrisFlyer account for an award redemption. As you'd imagine, this makes it a favorite among award travel enthusiasts.
Now, the loyalty program has announced a new promotion for bank transfer partners. Between now and December 27, 2020, collectors of eligible currencies can transfer points to Singapore and receive 15% bonus miles. Moreover, selected bank partners in Asia can convert points and receive 20% bonus miles.
However, with COVID-19 cases rising and many countries re-entering lockdown, is now a good time to transfer points?
Transfer Bonus Key Terms
- Earn 15–20% bonus miles on eligible point transfers now through December 27, 2020.
- Eligible flexible point currencies include American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Citi ThankYou points, Capital One Miles, and many more.
- It's worth noting that since this promotion is specifically for bank partners, Marriott Bonvoy point transfers will NOT qualify for a transfer bonus.
- You must convert at least 10,000 bank points to KrisFlyer miles to qualify for the 15–20% bonus.
- There's no maximum number of bonus miles that members can receive through this campaign.
- The bonus is calculated on a per-transaction basis, not on the cumulative total.
- Point conversions to Singapore KrisFlyer miles can take anywhere between 18hrs to 3 days.
- All KrisFlyer miles expire three years after issuance.
Interestingly, five Asia-based bank partners can convert points and receive a 20% bonus. These include:
- Baiduri Bank (Brunei)
- BCA (Indonesia)
- Danamon (Indonesia)
- Maybank (Indonesia)
- DBS (Hong Kong)
Should I take advantage of Singapore's 15% transfer bonus?
I'm a big fan of both Singapore Airlines and transfer bonuses. But with that said, I think this promotion will have limited value to most KrisFlyer members right now.
For one thing, most of the destinations served by Singapore Airlines have restrictive border regulations in response to COVID-19. This has resulted in the airline massively reducing its operation schedule. Put it together, and it makes it fairly difficult to book an award redemption to anywhere you'd be allowed to enter.
The second limiting factor for me is that Singapore continues to utilize an archaic expiration policy for KrisFlyer miles. No matter your account activity, your miles expire three years after being earned. This makes converting points speculatively a bad idea for almost everyone.
Singapore Airlines has announced a 15–20% transfer bonus when KrisFlyer members convert eligible bank points. And Singapore is giving KrisFlyer members more than a month to take advantage of this transfer bonus.
However, most travelers probably won't find much value in this promotion right now. However, if you're comfortable with your ability to enter the destinations served and have a redemption in mind, this could save you a significant number of points.
Is there an amazing Singapore redemption you'd book with this 15–20% Singapore KrisFlyer transfer bonus?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.