AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
If you're planning to head to the skies before the end of April, your Southwest Rapid Rewards points just got 25% more valuable. Southwest is offering 20% off award flights when you use the promo code SAVENOW and book flights by March 25. That means you need to act fast to take advantage of this offer.
Key Terms of This Southwest Promotion
- Book a flight with Southwest Airlines before midnight on March 25, 2021
- Travel must take place between March 23 and April 30, 2021
- Use the promo code SAVENOW with your Southwest Rapid Rewards points and receive 20% off
- Only valid on new award tickets
Southwest doesn't charge change or cancellation fees. So, you can book your flights now even if you're uncertain about your trip. If something comes up, you can cancel or change your tickets later with no penalty.
Unfortunately for travelers that already have travel booked before the end of April, this discount doesn't apply to changing existing award flights. While you can still change previously-purchased award tickets, the promo code can only be applied to newly-purchased awards. So, you may want to cancel your existing reservation and rebook it with the discount code.
Southwest Rapid Rewards points have a fairly fixed value. Award flights cost between 76 and 78 Southwest points per dollar of the base fare of a revenue flight. That means that when cash fares are cheap, award flights are too. That means this 20% discount just made every Southwest redemption 25% more valuable.
Here are some examples of deals we are finding:
Atlanta (ATL) to Denver (DEN) for 2,264 points one-way
Los Angeles (LAX) to San Francisco (SFO) for 1,974 points one-way
Chicago Midway (MDW) to Nashville (BNA) for 1,974 points one-way
New York LaGuardia (LGA) to Chicago Midway (MDW) for 3,541 points one-way
It's nice to see these deals offered by airlines—especially on a revenue-based frequent flyer program such as Southwest Rapid Rewards.
If you need more Southwest points for a redemption, you can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards to Southwest at a 1:1 transfer ratio. AwardWallet testing shows that transfers are typically instantaneous.
While it won't help you for this promotion, you can stock up on Ultimate Rewards points by signing up for the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card—which is currently offering a 60,000-point bonus after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
- 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022
- 5X points on travel purchased through Chase
- 3X points on dining at restaurants worldwide
- 3X points on eligible streaming services
- 3X points on online grocery purchases (excluding Target, Walmart, and wholesale clubs)
- 2X points on all other travel
- 1X point per dollar spent on all other purchases
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.