AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Spirit Airlines Free Spirit points will expire if members do not have any earning or redeeming activity on their account for 12 months. Per the Spirit terms and conditions:
“Points don’t expire as long as you continue to earn or redeem with Spirit or with Free Spirit partners within 12 months.”
Note that the expiration window is not one calendar year but rather a rolling 12-month period.
How To Prevent Your Free Spirit Points From Expiring
You can keep your points alive by earning or redeeming points with Spirit Airlines in any of the following ways:
Ways to Earn Free Spirit Points
- Earn points when you fly with Spirit Airlines.
- Earn Points when you purchase A’ La Smarte items.
- Earn points when you dine out with the Spirit dining program.
- Earn points when you purchase wine.
- Earn points for shopping online through the Spirit portal.
- Purchase Free Spirit Points.
- Earn Points for everyday spending with a Spirit co-branded credit card.
- Earn points with a host of car rental partners, including Avis, Budget, Dollar, Hertz, Payless, and Thrifty.
- Earn points when you stay at Choice Hotels and when using Points Hound to book a hotel.
- Earn points for sharing your opinions.
- Earn points with Ticket Club Membership.
Ways to Redeem Free Spirit Points
- Redeem your points for Spirit Airlines flights
- Redeem your points with select partners and services
Unlike most airlines, Spirit does not have a limited number of award seats. Instead, you can book any seat on any flight using your points with no blackout dates. Award prices start at 2,500 points and vary based on demand.
Exceptions to the Expiration Policy
The 12-month expiration rule is waived in certain specific circumstances. Regardless of activity, Free Spirit® Travel Mastercard® and Free Spirit® Travel Mastercard® cardholders are exempt from points expiration as long as their credit account is open.
When it comes to low-cost carriers, Spirit Airlines is one of the best. The airline recently revamped its loyalty program to offer travelers the chance to book any seat on any Spirit flight. Coupled with a wide range of options to earn points, the Free Spirit Program is a much more useful option than before for those that love a cheap flight.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.