AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
United just launched a new version of its Mile Play promotion. Through Mile Play, you can earn bonus United miles for completing individually-tailored tasks. The offer you receive is based on your flying history with United.
It comes as no surprise that most individual offers will require you to fly a little more than you typically would during the promotion time frame. Since the promotion is targeted, you will have to log in to your United account to see what tasks you have been assigned. But, United doesn't target all MileagePlus members for every promotion.
United Mile Play Key Terms
- You need to register for the promotion by March 31, 2021.
- Members must complete all activities by March 31, 2021.
- Only activities booked after registration are eligible for the promotion.
- The offer you receive is based on your flying history with United.
- Allow six to eight weeks for the bonus miles to post to your account.
- Transaction bonuses will post to your account after each transaction. United will award cumulative bonuses at the end of the promotion.
The goals for individual Mile Play promotions will vary by individual United MileagePlus account. Typically, you will receive something along the lines of “Book and take a trip X time to get XX bonus award miles”:
With each offer being tailored, yours will reflect your recent travel history with United. So if you rarely fly United, you may get a lucrative bonus for a single flight. On the other hand, If you're a more frequent United customer, you may be asked to book and fly several times to earn a bonus.
If you have some travel plans coming up and have not flown recently with United, it is worth checking out if you are targeted for Mile Play. Since you may find that you have received a lucrative offer as United tries to tempt you back.
Related reading: The Ultimate Guide to United MileagePlus
United Mile Play Promotion Restrictions
Although this offer seems to be widely available, not all MileagePlus accounts will be targeted for the United Mile Play promotion. It is not entirely clear what exactly are the exclusion criteria. However, restrictions may be due to the geographical location of your United account, your mileage balance, or the age of your United account.
Other Ways of Earning United Miles
While the United Mile Play promotion is a great way to earn bonus United miles, it's far from the only way. Chase offers a full lineup of co-brand credit cards that can turn your everyday purchases into miles.
Related: How to Earn United Miles
- 75,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Receive a 5,000-mile "better together" bonus each anniversary when you have both the United℠ Business Card and a personal United credit card.
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on United purchases, at restaurants (including eligible delivery services), gas stations, office supply stores, and on local transit and commuting.
- Earn 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases. Plus, employee cards at no additional cost - miles earned from their purchases accrue in your account so you can earn rewards faster.
- Check your first bag for free (a savings of up to $140 per roundtrip) when you use your card to purchase your ticket.
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and get 2 United Club℠ one-time passes at account opening and each year for your anniversary.
- $100 United travel credit after 7 United flight purchases of $100 or more each anniversary year.
- 2x on United purchases
- 2x on local transit and commuting- including train tickets, taxicabs, mass transit, tolls and ride share services
- 2x at gas stations, restaurants and office supply stores
- 1x on all other purchases
If you are a United member, it only takes a few seconds to register and check your offer. You may be nicely surprised to see that you have been assigned an attractive offer. If you fly with other airlines, you may find that switching one or two flights over to United to earn bonus miles is an easy win.
On the other hand, if you fly United regularly, your task list will probably be more extensive. Just keep in mind whether you will be able to complete the Mile Play promotions with the travel restrictions currently in place.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.