AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Update: Avis status match requests processed in 2022 are honored until December 31, 2023. After that, the terms and conditions note that Avis “reserves the right to determine the validity period of the status benefit offering.” So, you might still be able to get a status match.
Yet another loyalty program partnership has just been announced. This time, it's between Air Canada Aeroplan members and Avis. Aeroplan members can now claim status with Avis. Here are the details of which Avis elite status you can claim, and how to do so.
Aeroplan and Avis Status Match
Which Avis elite status you can claim through this status match will depend on which Aeroplan elite status you have, or which Avis co-branded premium credit card you hold.
The following Aeroplan elite status members will be able to claim Avis Preferred Plus status:
- Aeroplan 25K Status members
- Aeroplan 35K Status members
- and Aeroplan 50K Status members
High-level Aeroplan elite status members and Aeroplan premium credit cardholders can claim Avis President's Club status:
- Aeroplan 75K Status members
- Aeroplan Super Elite Status members
- and Aeroplan premium credit cardholders, including but not limited to:
- TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite Privilege Card
- American Express®* Aeroplan® Reserve Card
- American Express®* Aeroplan® Business Reserve Card
How Aeroplan Members Can Request Avis Status Match
Before you can request your Avis status match, you need to be a member of both Aeroplan and Avis Preferred. Then, sign into your Aeroplan account to request your complimentary Avis elite status match. You'll need to provide your:
- Email for Avis Preferred account
- Avis Preferred Wizard/Membership number
- Postal code/Zip code
- Last four digits of your driver's license
The status match should go into effect immediately but could take up to 7 business days after acceptance.
Your complimentary status match will be good until the following year. Specifically, members who take advantage of this status match in 2022 will have their Avis elite status until the end of 2023. After 2022, Avis will determine the length of the complimentary elite status. But, it can be hoped that any member applying in 2023 will have the status through the end of 2024, and so on.
Terms and Conditions
- Secondary, supplementary, or additional cardholders of an eligible credit card do not qualify for Avis President’s Club status unless they also hold 75K or Super Elite status in the Aeroplan Elite Status program.
- By enrolling into the Avis President’s Club Status or Avis Preferred Plus status, Aeroplan members agree to make Aeroplan points the default earning currency on their Avis Preferred account. That means that car rentals with Avis will automatically earn Aeroplan points instead of Avis Preferred points. This earn preference can be changed at any time on your Avis Preferred Profile or by contacting Avis.
Elite status with car rental companies is always good to have. Don't forget there are several other ways to get rental car elite status for free. If you haven't taken advantage of those, and are an Air Canada Aeroplan elite status member, certainly consider taking advantage of this Avis status match.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.