AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Welcome offers on rewards cards are constantly changing, so each month, the AwardWallet editorial team assembles the top ten offers that are currently available. The bonus—adjusted for how much the points are worth—get's the most weight. To round out the list, we consider each card's long-term value, application restrictions, and take into account how much spending is required to capture the full bonus.
Here are our top ten cards for October 2020.
Best Rewards Credit Card Offers for October 2020
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That's 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
- 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide
- 1X point per dollar spent on all other purchases
With a stellar sign-up offer of 80,000 bonus points, 2x Ultimate Rewards on travel and dining, and automatic protection for travel and purchases, the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card provides outstanding value to cardholders. We break down the benefits to show why this card tops the list as the best beginner's travel card.
- Earn 5 Free Nights after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Our Best Free Night Offer Yet.
- Earn 6X Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy™.
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- 1 Free Night Award (valued up to 35,000 points) every year after account anniversary.
- Automatic Silver Elite Status each account anniversary year. Path to Gold Status when you spend $35,000 on purchases each account year.
- 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- 6X Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on all other purchases
Sporting a new bonus of 5 Free Nights—each of which can be redeemed at Marriott properties costing up to 50,000 points, the Marriott Boundless has one of the most lucrative hotel offers we've ever seen. Check out this post for more details on the current bonus.
Cardholders receive automatic Silver Elite Status courtesy of the 15 elite night credits you get each year for holding the card, and you can easily justify the modest $95 annual fee by using the Anniversary Free Night Certificate, good at any Marriott property up to 35,000 points per night.
- Earn 140,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening
- Enjoy a Reward Night after each account anniversary year at eligible IHG hotels worldwide. Plus, enjoy a reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights
- Earn up to 25 points total per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants. Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Platinum Elite status as long as you remain a Premier card member
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✔® Fee Credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card
- IHG Rewards Club Bonus points are redeemable at hotels such as InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Kimpton®, EVEN® Hotels, Indigo® Hotels & Holiday Inn®
- Earn 25 points total per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel
- 2X points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants
- 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
The earning for spending at IHG hotels breaks down as follows:
- Earn 10X points for being a IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Cardmember
- Earn 5X points from IHG® with Platinum Elite Status, a benefit of having this card
- Earn 10X points from IHG® for being an IHG® Rewards Club Member (Being a cardholder is not required to earn this bonus for participating in the IHG® loyalty program)
Returning to the highest sign-up bonus we've ever seen on this card, the IHG Rewards Premier Card also packs a ton of long-term value thanks to complimentary Platinum Elite status, a high return on IHG spending, fourth night free on award bookings, and a free night certificate valid for properties up to the value of 40,000 points per night. We cover all the details of the increased IHG Rewards Premier Card offer here.
- Earn 100,000 Miles when you spend $20,000 on purchases in the first 12 months from account opening, or still earn 50,000 miles if you spend $3000 on purchases in the first 3 months; worth $1000 in travel if redeemed for a fixed-value, or potentially much more when transferred to airline partners
- 2 Miles on every purchase, plus earn 5 Miles on hotel bookings and car rentals through Capital One Travel
- Fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔® (up to $100)
- No foreign transaction fees
- $95 annual fee
- 2 Miles per dollar on every purchase, every day.
- 5 Miles on hotels and car rentals through Capital One Travel
The new limited-time offer on the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card provides huge value! The card charges an affordable annual fee, earns 2x points on every purchase, and these are possibly the most straightforward points to redeem. For those looking for simplicity, just pay for travel with your card and redeem points retroactively to erase the charge from your statement. For more value, transfer points to 15 airline partners. For trips with a group, you can easily share your points with other Capital One cardholders. Read more about transferring Venture miles to partners in our detailed review.
- Earn a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target® or Walmart® purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1.5% on all other purchases.
- No annual fee.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases, then a variable APR of 14.99 - 23.74%.
- No minimum to redeem for cash back. Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
- Earn 5% on travel purchased through Chase
- Earn 3% on dining at restaurants
- Earn 3% on drugstore purchases
- Earn 1.5% on all purchases
- New Cardmembers earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target® or Walmart® purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
The Freedom Unlimited is sporting the best introductory offer we've seen on this card to date, giving you the chance to earn up to $800 cashback with a card that has no annual fee. If you also hold an Ultimate Rewards card that allows transfers to travel partners, this bonus could be even more valuable! Catch our full review of the Freedom Unlimited for all the details.
- New Offer! Earn 100k bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $95 Annual Fee
- 3X points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases on travel, shipping purchases, Internet, cable and phone services, advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines each account anniversary year
- 1X point per $1 on all other purchases
This card has the biggest Ultimate Rewards sign-up offer available, useful 3x bonus categories for small business owners, and an affordable annual fee. See our full card review.
- Earn 150,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card after you use your new Card to make $4,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, enjoy a free Weekend Night Reward within your first year and every year after renewal.
- Earn 14X Hilton Bonus Points when you make eligible purchases on your Card at participating hotels or resorts within the Hilton Portfolio.
- Earn 7X Bonus Points for eligible purchases: on flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com, on car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies & at U.S. restaurants.
- Earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
- Enjoy up to $250 in Hilton Resort Credits on your Card each anniversary year, when you stay at participating resorts within the Hilton portfolio.
- Enjoy complimentary Diamond status with your Hilton Honors Aspire Card.
- $450 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- Rates & Fees
- 14X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio
- 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points on flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com, car rentals booked directly through select rental companies, and at U.S. restaurants
- 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card
This is the best Hilton credit card offer in our books. Cardholders receive Diamond Elite status which qualifies you for free breakfast, 14x points on Hilton spend, a free weekend night each year for holding the card, plus another weekend free night when you spend $60K in a calendar year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 75,000 bonus miles after qualifying purchases, plus $0 intro annual fee
- Receive 5,000 bonus miles each anniversary when you have the United Business Card and a personal United credit card
- Free checked bag - save up to $140 per roundtrip (terms apply)
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on United purchases, at gas stations, office supply stores and more. Plus, you'll earn 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent at restaurants including eligible delivery services
- 2 United ClubSM one-time passes at account opening and on each anniversary over a $100 value per year
- Earn a $100 United travel credit after 7 flight purchases of $100 or more each anniversary year
- Add employee cards at no additional cost - miles earned from their purchases accrue in your account and you can set individual spending limits on each card.
- 2x on United purchases
- 2x on local transit and commuting- including train tickets, taxicabs, mass transit, tolls and ride share services
- 2x at gas stations, restaurants and office supply stores
- 1x on all other purchases
In addition to the increased bonus, the United Business Card provides a free checked bag for you and a companion, two United Club one-time passes, priority boarding, and expanded award space. If you travel more with Oneworld Alliance airlines, the British Airways Visa Signature® Card is a good alternative that we cover below.
- Free checked bags for you and up to 4 companions on domestic itineraries
- Priority boarding to help you win the race for overhead bin space
- A 25% discount on inflight food, beverage, and Wi-Fi purchases
- Reduced Mileage Awards can save you 7,500 miles on roundtrip MileSAAver Awards
- Earn 2X miles for every $1 spent on cable and satellite providers
- Earn 2X miles for every $1 spent at gas stations
- Earn 2X miles for every $1 spent on select telecommunications merchants
- Earn 2X miles for every $1 spent on car rentals
- Earn 2X miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 1X mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases
With an offer of 65,000 bonus miles after spending $4,000 in purchases within the first 4 months of account opening, this is one of the best AA co-brand card offers currently available. The AA Business Card provides free checked first bags for the cardholder and up to four companions each flight, preferred boarding when you fly American, and you won't pay an annual fee for the first year.
- Earn 50,000 bonus Avios after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
- Plus earn an additional 50,000 bonus Avios after you spend $20,000 on your purchases within your first year of account opening.
- 3 Avios per $1 spent on purchases with British Airways, Aer Lingus, Iberia, and LEVEL
- 2 Avios per $1 spent on hotel accommodations, plus 1 Avios per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- 10% off British Airways flights starting in the US
- Every calendar year you make $30,000 in purchases on your British Airways Visa card, you'll earn a Travel Together Ticket good for two years.
- Pay no foreign transaction fees when you travel abroad.
- Simply tap to pay with your contactless British Airways Visa Signature Card. Just look for the contactless symbol at checkout. It's fast, easy and secure!
- 3X Avios per $1 spent on purchases with British Airways, Aer Lingus, Iberia, and LEVEL
- 2X Avios per $1 spent on hotel accommodations
- 1X Avios for every $1 spent on all other purchases
The British Airways Visa Signature® Card became far more valuable in late 2019 when it began offering up to $600 in statement credits each year to cover taxes, fees, and surcharges on British Airways award flights. The card comes with a lucrative offer of up to 100,000 bonus Avios when you open a new account. British Airways Executive Club has a generous policy for pooling points with members of your household, making it possible to use points from a shared balance for award redemptions.
The two other rewards cards in the Avios family, the Iberia Visa Signature® Card and the Aer Lingus Visa Signature® Card have similar welcome offers. While Ibera and AerLingus Avios can be harder to use than the British Airways Avios, you can transfer points freely between all three programs using an Avios.com account.
Welcome offers on rewards cards are continually changing, and it can be hard keeping tabs on the latest sign-up bonuses. We update our top-ten offers every month, so if you have a card you think belongs in the list, let us know why in the comments below.
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card (Rates & Fees)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.