AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card and Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
Welcome offers on rewards cards are constantly changing, so each month, the AwardWallet editorial team assembles the top ten offers that are currently available. The bonus—adjusted for how much the points are worth—get's the most weight. To round out the list, we consider each card's long-term value, application restrictions, and take into account how much spending is required to capture the full bonus.
Here are our top ten cards for July 2020.
Best Rewards Credit Card Offers for July 2020
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That's 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide
- 1X point per dollar spent on all other purchases
With a stellar sign-up offer of 60,000 bonus points, 2x Ultimate Rewards on travel and dining, and automatic protection for travel and purchases, the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card provides outstanding value to cardholders. We break down the benefits to show why this card tops the list as the best beginner's travel card.
- 3X points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases on travel, shipping purchases, Internet, cable and phone services, advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines each account anniversary year
- 1X point per $1 on all other purchases
This card has the biggest Ultimate Rewards sign-up offer available, useful 3x bonus categories for small business owners, and an affordable annual fee. See our full card review.
- Free checked bags for you and up to 4 companions on domestic itineraries
- Priority boarding to help you win the race for overhead bin space
- A 25% discount on inflight food, beverage, and Wi-Fi purchases
- Reduced Mileage Awards can save you 7,500 miles on roundtrip MileSAAver Awards
- Earn 2X miles for every $1 spent on cable and satellite providers
- Earn 2X miles for every $1 spent at gas stations
- Earn 2X miles for every $1 spent on select telecommunications merchants
- Earn 2X miles for every $1 spent on car rentals
- Earn 2X miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 1X mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases
Sporting an offer of 65,000 bonus miles after spending $4,000 in purchases within the first 4 months of account opening, this is one of the best AA co-brand card offers currently available. The AA Business Card provides free checked first bags for the cardholder and up to four companions each flight, preferred boarding when you fly American, and you won't pay an annual fee for the first year.
- Earn 50,000 bonus Avios after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
- Plus earn an additional 50,000 bonus Avios after you spend $20,000 on your purchases within your first year of account opening.
- 3 Avios per $1 spent on purchases with British Airways, Aer Lingus, Iberia, and LEVEL
- 2 Avios per $1 spent on hotel accommodations, plus 1 Avios per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- 10% off British Airways flights starting in the US
- Every calendar year you make $30,000 in purchases on your British Airways Visa card, you'll earn a Travel Together Ticket good for two years.
- Pay no foreign transaction fees when you travel abroad.
- Simply tap to pay with your contactless British Airways Visa Signature Card. Just look for the contactless symbol at checkout. It's fast, easy and secure!
- 3X Avios per $1 spent on purchases with British Airways, Aer Lingus, Iberia, and LEVEL
- 2X Avios per $1 spent on hotel accommodations
- 1X Avios for every $1 spent on all other purchases
The British Airways Visa Signature® Card became far more valuable in late 2019 when it began offering up to $600 in statement credits each year to cover taxes, fees, and surcharges on British Airways award flights. The card comes with a lucrative offer of up to 100,000 bonus Avios when you open a new account. British Airways Executive Club has a generous policy for pooling points with members of your household, making it possible to use points from a shared balance for award redemptions.
The two other rewards cards in the Avios family, the Iberia Visa Signature® Card and the Aer Lingus Visa Signature® Card have similar welcome offers. While Ibera and AerLingus Avios can be harder to use than the British Airways Avios, you can transfer points freely between all three programs using an Avios.com account.
- Earn an introductory companion certificate, good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after making your first purchase in the first 90 days and paying the $99 annual fee..
- Get $25 back as statement credits on inflight WiFi on American Airlines operated flights.
- Receive 25% inflight savings when you use your card for food and beverages on American Airlines operated flights.
- Earn a companion certificate each anniversary year, good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date.
- Earn 2X miles on American Airlines purchases
- Earn 1X miles on all other purchases
By far the most accessible welcome offer on the list, the Aviator Red requires you to pay the annual fee and make just a single purchase to receive the entire sign-up bonus. You'll also earn an introductory Companion Certificate good for one guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after making your first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee in the first 90 days.
- Earn 150,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card after you use your new Card to make $4,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, enjoy a free Weekend Night Reward within your first year and every year after renewal.
- Earn 14X Hilton Bonus Points when you make eligible purchases on your Card at participating hotels or resorts within the Hilton Portfolio.
- Earn 7X Bonus Points for eligible purchases: on flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com, on car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies & at U.S. restaurants.
- Earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
- Enjoy up to $250 in Hilton Resort Credits on your Card each anniversary year, when you stay at participating resorts within the Hilton portfolio.
- Enjoy complimentary Diamond status with your Hilton Honors Aspire Card.
- $450 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- Rates & Fees
- 14X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio
- 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points on flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com, car rentals booked directly through select rental companies, and at U.S. restaurants
- 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card
This is the best Hilton credit card offer in our books. Cardholders receive Diamond Elite status which qualifies you for free breakfast, 14x points on Hilton spend, a free weekend night each year for holding the card, plus another weekend free night when you spend $60K in a calendar year.
- 3X points per $1 spent on Southwest® purchases
- 2X points per $1 spent on social media and search engine advertising, Internet, cable and phone services
- 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
The highest offer we've seen on the Southwest Performance Business Card, now is the perfect time to start planning out your Southwest Companion Pass strategy for 2020 and beyond. If you can meet both tiers of the minimum spend, you can secure a Companion Pass with a single sign-up bonus.
- 50,000 Miles after spending $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening; worth $500 in travel if redeemed for a fixed-value, or potentially much more when transferred to airline partners
- 2 Miles on every purchase, plus earn 5 Miles on hotel bookings and car rentals through Capital One Travel
- Fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔® (up to $100)
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 for the first year; $95 after that
- 2 Miles per dollar on every purchase, every day.
- 5 Miles on hotels and car rentals through Capital One Travel
The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card pairs a substantial bonus with a low annual fee, 2x points on every purchase, and possibly the most straightforward points to redeem. For those looking for simplicity, just pay for travel with your card and redeem points retroactively to erase the charge from your statement. For more value, transfer points to 14 airline partners. For trips with a group, you can easily share your points with other Capital One cardholders. Read more about transferring Venture miles to partners in our detailed review.
- 60,000 point signup bonus worth $750 towards airfare through the ThankYou Travel Center, or potentially much more when transferred to airline partners
- 3X points per $1 on travel, including gas stations, plus 2X points at restaurants and on entertainment
- No foreign transaction fees
- $95 annual fee
- 3X points per $1 spent on on travel including gas stations, as well as airfare, hotels, car rental agencies, public transportation, tolls, and parking
- 2X points per $1 spent on dining at restaurants, including many cafes, bars and lounges
- 2X points per $1 spent on entertainment, including sporting events, movie theaters, concerts and more
- 1X points per $1 spent on all other purchases
Sporting a 60,000 point sign-up bonus and a stellar list of transfer partners, the Citi Premier offers some of the best earning-rates for a card with a sub-$100 annual fee. This card tops our list of the best cards for gas & fuel, plus you'll pay no foreign transaction fees.
- Earn 75,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening
- No Annual Fee
- Earn 15 points total per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants. Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Fourth Reward Night Free
- IHG Rewards Club Bonus points are redeemable at hotels such as InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Kimpton®, EVEN® Hotels, Indigo® Hotels & Holiday Inn®
- 15x points total per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel
- 2X points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants.
- 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
The earning for spending at IHG hotels breaks down as follows:
- Earn 5X points for being a IHG® Rewards Club Traveler Credit Cardmember
- Earn 10X points from IHG® for being an IHG® Rewards Club Member (Being a cardholder is not required to earn this bonus for participating in the IHG® loyalty program)
Chase's no annual fee IHG card, the IHG Rewards Traveler Card sports a high-value signup bonus of 75,000 bonus points, charges no foreign transaction fees, and you'll get the fourth night free on award bookings.
Welcome offers on rewards cards are continually changing, and it can be hard keeping tabs on the latest sign-up bonuses. We update our top-ten offers every month, so if you have a card you think belongs in the list, let us know why in the comments below.
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card (Rates & Fees)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.