AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
The Hyatt rewards program has both the most attractive award chart and the most coveted top-tier elite status among the various hotel loyalty programs. Combine these with excellent co-branded credit cards, and it's little wonder that the Hyatt rewards program is so popular with points and miles enthusiasts.
Stays at Hyatt hotels earn members points and rewards they can redeem for free nights and benefits. Whether you are looking for a higher level of service or want to upgrade your hotel experience, the World of Hyatt program is a top choice. Staying at hotels isn’t the only way you can earn Hyatt points. You can also earn Hyatt points by spending on Hyatt credit cards, hosting meetings and events, or flying with select airlines.
In this guide, we’ll cover how to earn and redeem Hyatt points and share information and strategies for how to make the most of the World of Hyatt rewards program. A loyalty program we rank the most valuable hotel points program for award travel fans.
- How to Join the World of Hyatt Rewards Program
- Why Track Your Hyatt Rewards with AwardWallet
- World of Hyatt Hotels: Brands and Properties
- World of Hyatt Hotels by Brand
- Best Ways to Earn Hyatt Rewards
- Best Ways to Redeem World of Hyatt Points
- How to Achieve World of Hyatt Elite Status
- Other World of Hyatt Rules and Policies
- Final Thoughts
- Do World of Hyatt points expire?
- Which credit cards earn World of Hyatt points?
- How do I join World of Hyatt?
- How many World of Hyatt points does it cost for a free night?
- Can you book stays for friends and family?
- Can Hyatt points be transferred?
- Do you still receive elite benefits when booking through a third party?
- How do I find my World of Hyatt membership number?
- How do I contact World of Hyatt?
How to Join the World of Hyatt Rewards Program
The World of Hyatt program is free to join and open to anyone over 18 years old. You can create an account on hyatt.com using this link. Once you've entered your information, you'll be assigned a Hyatt membership number. Write that down and head over to AwardWallet to track your Hyatt account with all your other loyalty programs.
With your new Hyatt login, you can view upcoming reservations, member benefits, and book travel using cash, points, or free-night certificates you've earned from the The World of Hyatt Credit Card or other promotions.
Why Track Your Hyatt Rewards with AwardWallet
AwardWallet is a great tool for keeping track of the most important details for all of your loyalty programs. With World of Hyatt, AwardWallet can track your reservations, points balance, elite status, and additional benefits attached to your account—like free night and upgrade certificates.
If any of your valuable benefits expire soon, we'll also send you a series of email reminders. You can also use AwardWallet to log in with one click instead of entering your World of Hyatt login at hyatt.com.
AwardWallet Plus members can also see the history of points earned and redeemed, your progress towards the next tier of elite status, and the individual expiration dates for all your free nights and upgrades.
To track your Hyatt rewards and other account information, just add your World of Hyatt login using this link.
You can now track over 700 loyalty programs with AwardWallet. To add a different program, log in to AwardWallet through a web browser or the AwardWallet app (iOS, Android). Then click the “Add Award Program to Track” button and type in the name of the program.
World of Hyatt Hotels: Brands and Properties
World of Hyatt has a total of 18 different hotel brands in its portfolio. It also has a partnership with Exhale Spas. The hotels range from boutique chains with a handful of properties like Thompson hotels to Hyatt Regency—which is Hyatt's global full-service standard. Hyatt's abundant limited-service Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands can be found all over the United States, and even these are relatively upscale.
Park Hyatt is the flagship luxury brand in the portfolio, and this is complemented by other wellness and lifestyle brands such as Miraval and Andaz. You can find more variety in independent brands, such as the Hyatt Unbound Collection.
World of Hyatt has over 900 properties in over 65 countries around the globe. This is less coverage than other major brands, including IHG, Marriott, and Hilton, each of which has over 5,000 hotels globally. However, Hyatt offers decent coverage in major cities around the world, as well as resort properties in many excellent destinations. Also, Hyatt has been aggressively expanding its limited-service Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands around the world. The ability to use your points in more places increases your World of Hyatt points value, as you can redeem them in more locations.
World of Hyatt Hotels by Brand
|Caption by Hyatt||1|
|Destination by Hyatt||17|
|JdV by Hyatt||23|
|Small Luxury Hotels||384|
Best Ways to Earn Hyatt Rewards
Stay at Hyatt Hotels
The most straightforward way to earn Hyatt rewards points is by staying at Hyatt hotel properties with your World of Hyatt loyalty number added to the reservation. You earn 5 Hyatt rewards points per dollar spent (before taxes) on room rate and most other charges excluding alcohol. In addition, elite members enjoy 10%, 20%, and 30% earning bonuses, depending on your status level. Spending with Exhale Spa earns 10x Hyatt rewards points per dollar with no elite bonus.
Here's an example from one of my Hyatt stays: The nightly rate is $134.10 before taxes, $150.86 after taxes. I am a Hyatt Globalist member using my World of Hyatt Card to pay for my stay. My stay also qualified for the Bonus Journeys promotion in place at the time (this version ended February 28, 2021). I earned the following points:
- 5x base points on $134.10 — 670 points
- 30% bonus points as a Globalist member — 201 points
- 4x points on $150.86 using my World of Hyatt Card — 603 points
- 3x base points from the Bonus Journeys promotion — 1,340 points
The total haul from the stay: 2,814 points. These are worth ~$47—which is a pretty good return for the stay.
Earn Points with a Hyatt Credit Card
Following the release of the new Hyatt business card, Chase now offers both a personal and business co-branded card.
The The World of Hyatt Credit Card is one of the best all-around hotel cards. It can easily pay for its modest $95 annual fee with benefits like an annual free night, complimentary Discoverist status, and the ability to spend your way to higher levels of elite status.
- Earn 30,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Plus, up to 30,000 More Bonus Points by earning 2 Bonus Points total per $1 spent in the first 6 months from account opening on purchases that normally earn 1 Bonus Point, on up to $15,000 spent
- Enjoy complimentary World of Hyatt Discoverist status for as long as your account is open.
- Get 1 free night each year after your Cardmember anniversary at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort.
- Receive 5 tier qualifying night credits towards status after account opening, and each year after that for as long as your account is open
- Earn an extra free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel if you spend $15,000 in a calendar year
- Earn 2 qualifying night credits towards tier status every time you spend $5,000 on your card
- Earn up to 9 points total for Hyatt stays - 4 Bonus Points per $1 spent at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 from Hyatt as a World of Hyatt member
- Earn 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airline tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships
- Up to 9X points total per $1 spent at Hyatt - 4X points per $1 when you use your card at Hyatt hotels & 5X points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member
- 2X points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airlines tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships
- 1X point per $1 everywhere else
The benefits of the World of Hyatt Card include:
- 4x points at Hyatt properties and 2x points at restaurants, on airline tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting, and on fitness club and gym memberships
- Annual Category 1-4 free night on your account anniversary
- Ability to earn a second annual Category 1-4 free night after spending $15,000 on your card during your cardmember year
- World of Hyatt Discoverist status
- 5 elite nights each year
- Ability to earn 2 elite nights for every $5,000 spent on your card
- $95 annual fee
My favorite features of the card are the annual free night and the ability to earn elite night credits through spend. The free night certificate is easily worth more than the annual fee. Even better, if you spend $15,000 each year, you'll earn an additional free night, six elite-night credits, and at least 15,000 Hyatt rewards points.
Chase's latest Hyatt card, the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card is currently offering a chance to earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. It's a solid offer when you consider that top-tier Hyatt properties fetch just 30,000 World of Hyatt points per night.
- 60,000 Bonus Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
- 9 points total per $1 spent at Hyatt - 4 Bonus Points per $1 when you use your card at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 from Hyatt as a World of Hyatt member
- 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent in your top three spend categories each quarter through 12/31/23, then your top two categories each quarter.
- 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent on fitness club and gym memberships
- 1 Bonus Point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Up to $100 in Hyatt statement credits - spend $50 or more at any Hyatt property and earn $50 statement credits up to two times each anniversary year.
- 5 Tier-Qualifying night credits toward status and Milestone rewards for every $10,000 you spend in a calendar year.
- World of Hyatt Discoverist status for as long as your account is open. Plus, Discoverist status to up to five employees
- Up to 9X total points per $1 spent at Hyatt - 4X points per $1 when you use your card at Hyatt hotels & 5X points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member
- 2X points per $1 spent on fitness club and gym memberships
- 1X point per $1 everywhere else
In addition, you'll earn 2X points per $1 spent in your top three spend categories each quarter through 12/31/2023, then your top two categories each quarter. Eligible categories include:
- Airline tickets when purchased directly with the airline
- Local transit & commuting
- Social media & search engine Advertising
- Car rental agencies
- Gas stations
- Internet, cable & phone services
Outside of the bonus, highlights include:
- Automatic World of Hyatt Discoverist elite status
- Earn up to $100 in Hyatt statement credits (earn a $50 statement credit when you spend $50 or more—up to 2x per anniversary year)
- Spend $50,000 in a calendar year and get 10% of your redeemed points back for the rest of the year — up to 20,000 points back per calendar year.
- 5 tier-qualifying night credits for every $10,000 you spend on the card
- $199 annual fee
Transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards to Hyatt Rewards
World of Hyatt is the best of the Chase Ultimate Rewards hotel transfer partners. You can convert your Ultimate Rewards points to World of Hyatt rewards points at a 1,000:1,000 ratio, but you must have a premium Ultimate Rewards-earning card like the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card to be able to transfer points.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
- 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022
- 5X points on travel purchased through Chase
- 3X points on dining at restaurants worldwide
- 3X points on eligible streaming services
- 3X points on online grocery purchases (excluding Target, Walmart, and wholesale clubs)
- 2X points on all other travel
- 1X point per dollar spent on all other purchases
In general, transferring Ultimate Rewards points to World of Hyatt point is a decent deal. You can usually get around 1.7 cents per Hyatt point, although I generally try to stretch them to over 2.0 cents each by using Hyatt rewards when room prices are especially high.
World of Hyatt Promotions
World of Hyatt routinely runs promotions, most of which are reasonably lucrative. I rarely go out of my way to specifically take advantage of Hyatt promotions, but it's nice when they fit into my travel plans. Promotions can vary from offering bonus points on paid stays to rebates off of award prices. Sometimes you can earn additional elite night credits. Also, Hyatt rewards co-branded credit cardholders with even more-valuable promotions.
AwardWallet keeps a list of the best promotions across all loyalty programs, and we feature the current Hyatt promotions here. You can also check Hyatt's dedicated page, which may have offers targeted specifically to you.
For most promotions, you'll need to register in advance to get credit. Make sure to read the terms to make sure your stays qualify.
Earn Hyatt Points from Meetings and Events
As a meeting planner or event organizer, you can earn bonus points through Hyatt. You earn one Bonus Point per eligible U.S. dollar spent (up to 50,000 Bonus Points) for hosting a qualifying meeting or event at Hyatt. These points can be split among up to three different individuals involved in planning meetings. You can also redeem Hyatt rewards points for credit for future meetings, but the value is somewhat poor.
Check out the details at the Hyatt meetings and events page.
World of Hyatt Travel Partners
Hyatt has a partnership with American Airlines where members of both programs are offered reciprocal benefits. World of Hyatt rewards elites one Hyatt point for every dollar spent on qualifying American Airlines flights. This is in addition to any AAdvantage miles you earn. World of Hyatt Explorist and Globalist members are also offered a fast track to American AAdvantage elite status.
Visit this page for details on the Hyatt-American Airlines partnership and to link your accounts.
On the American Airlines side, AAdvantage members who link their accounts can earn 1 AAdvantage bonus mile for every dollar spent at Hyatt stays and experiences. This is in addition to Hyatt points earned.
Hyatt also partners with Avis. You can earn 500 bonus Hyatt rewards points per rental.
World of Hyatt Transfer Points
Hyatt allows members to purchase up to 55,000 points per year. The typical price is 2.4 cents per point. However, there are frequent promotions to buy Hyatt points at a discount. For example, a promotion in July 2020 offered a 30% bonus, reducing the cost to just 1.85 cents per point.
Hyatt-point purchases normally post to your account immediately. Check out our tool to see how long purchases take to post for Hyatt and other programs.
Hyatt rewards points can easily be transferred between members. You need to fill out the World of Hyatt Point combining request form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. I guess you can mail it to the address provided, but who does that in 2020?
World of Hyatt members may only transfer or receive points once every 30 days.
Earn on Stays with Small Luxury Hotels
Hyatt has partnerships with two other hotel groups: Small Luxury Hotels and MGM Resorts. Both offer excellent value for World of Hyatt members.
The Small Luxury Hotels (SLH) partnership has increased Hyatt's global footprint considerably—adding new options in cities without a Hyatt presence. World of Hyatt members earn the standard 5x base points on room rates and points from co-branded card spend. Members also enjoy the following benefits during Small Luxury Hotels stays:
- Complimentary continental breakfast for two
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Early check-in 12:00 noon (based on availability at check-in)
- Late check-out 2:00 pm (based on availability at check-in)
- One category room upgrade (based on availability at check-in)
- Nights count toward elite tier status
One notable thing: Hyatt's best rate guarantee does not apply to SLH stays.
Earn on Stays at MGM Resorts
World of Hyatt's partnership with MGM Resorts includes reciprocal status benefits and the ability to book MGM Resorts properties and earn Hyatt rewards points for these stays. Hyatt members earn 5 Base Points for every eligible US dollar spent at participating M life Rewards destinations, and MGM stays count toward elite status.
Best Ways to Redeem World of Hyatt Points
Hyatt reward nights start at just 5,000 points for Category 1 properties and increase to 30,000 points per night at Category 7 properties. You can find the award chart here. Club rooms and suites can be booked on points as well for additional points.
There is a Category 8 that is used only for some SLH properties, and Miraval stays start at 45,000 points. Hyatt Ziva and Zilara all-inclusive properties cost 20,000 to 25,000 points per night.
Hyatt also offers Points + Cash rates. You pay half of the points cost and half of the going rate in cash. This usually means that you won't get a better value for your points going this route. Resort fees are waived on free nights, while they are not on Points + Cash bookings.
You can also use Hyatt points for room upgrades. Generally, it's a better deal to book a free night in a Club room directly, but standard suite and premium suites can often be worth the upgrade price at higher-category properties.
Hyatt implemented a peak/off-peak pricing model starting October 26, 2021. Each Hyatt category will keep the same standard price in the award chart above, but a discounted off-peak and more expensive peak price applies depending on when you book. Here's our overview of Hyatt's award chart changes for 2021.
Searching for Award Availability
Hyatt typically makes free nights available anytime standard rooms are available at cash rates. During times when standard rooms aren't available, sometimes other room types can be booked, such as club rooms or suites. To search for Hyatt rewards nights, head to hyatt.com and select the “Use Points” checkbox when you search.
Learn more: How to Book Hyatt Suite Upgrades With Points Online
Hyatt Rewards Sweet Spots
Hyatt has plenty of properties that offer very good value, but there are several excellent sweet spots in its portfolio. Here are a handful of popular hotels that offer great value:
- Grand Hyatt Bali (Category 1)
- Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur (Category 3)
- Hyatt Regency Mexico City (Category 3)
- Andaz Savannah (Category 4)
- Park Hyatt Siem Reap (Category 3)
- Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires (Category 6)
- Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa (Category 5)
- Grand Hyatt Singapore (Category 5)
- Park Hyatt Sydney (Category 8)
- Park Hyatt Saigon (Category 4)
Earn a Free Night for Staying with Five Different Hyatt Brands
Hyatt has a standing promotion where you can earn free nights by staying at different Hyatt brands. For every five brands, you'll earn a Category 1-4 free night. You can earn the ‘5-Brand Free Night‘ up to three times by staying with 15 different brands. Only stays completed after Hyatt launched this promotion (March 1, 2017) are eligible.
See also: How to Earn 3 Free Night Certificates with Hyatt Brand Explorer Perk
Hyatt Annual and Promotional Free Nights
World of Hyatt free-night certificates can be used at any property in category one through four. You can track your free night certificates in your Hyatt account, with the mobile app or by checking your AwardWallet account. These free nights must be booked as a single night, even if you're using multiple certificates for a single stay.
Hyatt is currently testing a new “Pay My Way” feature that allows you to book with multiple currencies (cash, points, free night awards) as a single reservation. Assuming this project makes it out of the pilot phase, the days of needing to book multiple single-night reservations are numbered.
Other Uses of Hyatt Rewards
While using Hyatt points for free night awards solidly offers the best value, there are a couple of other ways you can use your points. You can redeem points on-property (at participating locations) for dining and spa experiences. Points are only worth 1.0 cent each.
Another opportunity is redeeming Hyatt points for FIND experiences. FIND experiences are currently suspended, however, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Finally, you can transfer Hyatt points to airline miles and redeem Hyatt points for Avis car rentals. However, at 6,000 points per day for an intermediate-size car, the latter is very poor value. You generally lose on transfers to miles as well.
How to Achieve World of Hyatt Elite Status
World of Hyatt offers one of the strongest elite programs among the major hotel chains. There are three elite status levels:
- Discoverist — 10 qualifying nights -or- 25,000 base points -or- 3 meetings/events in a calendar year
- Explorist — 30 qualifying nights -or- 50,000 base points -or- 10 meetings/events in a calendar year
- Globalist — 60 qualifying nights -or- 100,000 base points -or- 20 meetings/events in a calendar year
Qualifying nights include most cash rates as well as award nights. Qualifying points include base points earned on room rate and most on-property spending. You need one or the other to qualify for elite status, not both. Status earned in a given year is valid through the end of February two calendar years in the future. For example, if I earn Hyatt Globalist status by September 2020, my benefits will be good through February 2022. I would need to re-qualify in 2021 if I wanted to keep them for another year.
You can also enjoy Discoverist status simply by holding the World of Hyatt Card. You can also earn two elite night credits for every $5,000 you spend on the card. Although it requires a lot of spending, it's possible to spend your way to Globalist status without accruing any elite nights at a Hyatt hotel.
World of Hyatt Status Benefits
As a World of Hyatt elite member, you'll enjoy various perks depending on your status level. These range from free breakfast, to bonus points, to significant room upgrades. Here are the benefits of World of Hyatt elite status at each level:
- 10% bonus Hyatt points based on base points earned
- Room upgrades to a preferred room within type booked
- Access to the elite check-in line
- 2:00 PM late check-out (subject to availability)
- Complimentary premium internet
- Complimentary bottled water at check-in
- 20% bonus Hyatt points based on base points earned
- Room upgrades excluding suites and rooms with Club lounge access
- Access to the elite check-in line
- 2:00 PM late check-out (subject to availability)
- Complimentary premium internet
- Complimentary bottled water at check-in
- Guaranteed availability within 72 hours of arrival
- 30% bonus Hyatt points based on base points earned
- Room upgrades including standard suites
- Access to the elite check-in line
- 2:00 PM late check-out (subject to availability)
- Complimentary premium internet
- Complimentary bottled water at check-in
- Guaranteed availability within 48 hours of arrival
- Club access or free complimentary breakfast for up to 2 adults plus 2 kids
- Free parking on free night awards
- Guest of Honor benefit
Check out the World of Hyatt elite status terms and conditions for more details.
Hyatt Milestone Rewards
In addition to elite status tiers, Hyatt introduced Milestone Rewards that award you various perks when you reach specific numbers of elite nights in a calendar year. Here are the Milestone Rewards:
- 20 nights or 35,000 base points — 2 Club Lounge Access Awards
- 30 nights or 50,000 base points — 1 Category 1-4 Free Night Award and 2 Club Lounge Access Awards
- 40 nights or 65,000 base points — 5,000 Bonus Points or a $100 Hyatt Gift Card or 10,000 Point savings on a FIND experience
- 50 nights or 80,000 base points — 2 Suite Upgrade Awards
- 60 nights or 100,000 base points — 1 Category 1-7 Free Night Award and 2 Suite Upgrade Awards and access to My Hyatt Concierge
- 70 nights — 10,000 Bonus Points or 1 Suite Upgrade Award
- 80 nights — 10,000 Bonus Points or 1 Suite Upgrade Award
- 90 nights — 10,000 Bonus Points or 1 Suite Upgrade Award
- 100 nights — 10,000 Bonus Points or 1 Suite Upgrade Award
World of Hyatt Status Match Opportunities
World of Hyatt partners with MGM Resorts MLife Rewards. You can match your Hyatt elite status to MLife Sapphire, Pearl, or Gold status depending on your Hyatt status level:
- Member — MLife Sapphire
- Discoverist — MLife Pearl
- Explorist — MLife Gold
- Globalist — MLife Gold
Check out Hyatt's dedicated MLife page and click “Learn More” to begin the matching process.
World of Hyatt has occasionally offered status match opportunities but only available for a limited time. If you're an American Airlines AAdvantage elite member, you can qualify for a fast-track elite status path or an outright match. American ConciergeKey members are granted Hyatt Globalist status, while AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum members can earn World of Hyatt elite status at a faster rate.
Lifetime Hyatt Globalist Status
World of Hyatt does offer a lifetime status program. Unfortunately, this is based solely on base points earned and not elite nights. To earn Hyatt Globalist for life, you must earn 1,000,000 base points. This is equivalent to $200,000 in spend with Hyatt.
Guest of Honor Bookings — Globalist Benefit
One of the nicest benefits of Hyatt Globalist status is the ability to make “Guest of Honor” bookings for friends and family. Through Guest of Honor, you can let others enjoy your Globalist status benefits even if you're not staying with them. You must book the stay as an award and need to call Hyatt at 1 (800) 323-7249 or email your concierge to make a Guest of Honor booking. Here is another contributor's experience as a Guest of Honor.
Other World of Hyatt Rules and Policies
Best Rate Guarantee
Hyatt offers a best rate guarantee that you will find the lowest rate on its website. If you find another site with a lower rate, Hyatt will match it and either take an additional 20% off or provide you 5,000 World of Hyatt points. You must submit a best-rate guarantee claim at hyatt.com within 24 hours of booking. Visit this page for additional information on the Hyatt best rate guarantee.
Change and Cancellation Policies
Hyatt has made a customer-friendly change to its cancellation policy during the COVID-19 pandemic. Currently, Hyatt reservations (both paid and award) can be canceled at no cost up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival. The standard policy requires you to cancel no less than 48 hours before arrival, although it varies by property.
World of Hyatt is hands-down my favorite hotel loyalty program. Hyatt elite status used to be a pipe dream, but the World of Hyatt Card has made it a whole lot more attainable. Hyatt offers the perfect blend of an attractive award chart, quality properties, and rich elite benefits.
The only drawback to making Hyatt your primary hotel program is that it has fewer properties than its competitors. Fortunately, Hyatt has continued to expand its global footprint, so finding a Hyatt hotel will continue to get easier, and the Hyatt rewards program is going to become a much better option.
Do World of Hyatt points expire?
Yes, if you have no activity on your account for 24 months your points will expire and your account will be closed, per the Hyatt’s terms and conditions page.
Which credit cards earn World of Hyatt points?
The World of Hyatt Credit Card and World of Hyatt Business Credit Card earn Hyatt rewards points on your everyday and business purchases. You can also earn Hyatt points indirectly by using a Chase Ultimate Rewards credit card and transferring them to World of Hyatt. You can learn more about this strategy in our post on Chase transfer partners.
How do I join World of Hyatt?
World of Hyatt is free to join. You can create a Hyatt loyalty account at hyatt.com.
How many World of Hyatt points does it cost for a free night?
Award nights start at 5,000 points per night for Category 1 properties. The most expensive award nights cost up to 45,000 points per night at Miraval properties. You can find all the prices in the Hyatt Award chart.
Can you book stays for friends and family?
Yes, you can use your World of Hyatt reward points to book stays for friends and family. This is especially useful when you have Globalist status and can book them as a Guest of Honor.
Can Hyatt points be transferred?
Yes, Hyatt rewards can be transferred to any other member once every 30 days by using this form.
Do you still receive elite benefits when booking through a third party?
No, Hyatt does not guarantee elite benefits when you book through a third party.
How do I find my World of Hyatt membership number?
You can find your World of Hyatt number in email communication from Hyatt regarding your account. You can also find it by logging into hyatt.com with your username and password and clicking on your name in the upper right-hand corner to expand the menu.
How do I contact World of Hyatt?
You can contact World of Hyatt by phone or email based on your region:
- United States & Canada: 1-888-344-9288 / email@example.com
- Europe: 00800 1234 1234 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- India: 000 800 050 1234 / email@example.com
- Japan: 0120829723 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Korea: 001 800 7070 1234 / email@example.com
- Pacific: 1300 553 133 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- People's Republic of China: 400 839 1234 / email@example.com
- Singapore: 001 800 7070 1234 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southeast Asia: 800 7070 1234 / email@example.com
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Excellant Review. Lots of informative advice. I have been trying to get a specific answer from World of Hyatt with already five unanswered emails. Specifically, for my 2022 Globalist renewal status, if I check in at a Hyatt on 28 December and check out on 3 January…do the nights 28 December thru 31 December , four nights, go towards my Tier status qualification for 2022 stays OR……are they awarded in the following years status as a stay. ?? If anyone has an opinion on this I would be grateful of the feedback,Thank You. 🙋💐
Based on all of the data points that I’ve seen, the elite nights post on the date that you check out. However, the terms and conditions aren’t clear on this. So, hopefully Hyatt will clarify it for you!
If you ever visit Buenos Aires, you shouldn´t miss Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires. Great value for money.
The elite benefits seem better than other programs for families with children.
Although the number of hotels in Hyatt is not as many as Marriott, I think the quality of Hyatt hotels is higher. Highly recommend their loyalty program if you are a frequent traveler. And this credit card is perfect for staying in Hyatt hotels
We love Hyatt Hotels and have used points for Club Room upgrades. Using the Club Room helps reduce the amount that we spend for our meals and provides snacks during the day. It is also a great way to start the day with a nice cup of coffee and breakfast. In the evening, the Club Room services appetizers and desserts. Hyatt also treats its club room guests with a high level of service and we have always been very satisfied.
i was reading up on the rewards program.
how do i achieve lifetime globalist status??
it states that if 1mil points. does that mean , if i spend 1 mil dollars on my hyatt card, i can achieve lifetime globalist??
i’m 3-5 yrs from retirement and hope to be traveling as soon as i retire but right now, i can charge all my expenses on the hyatt card so i can achieve the status. please let me know
Hi, the Hyatt card earns elite nights, which can help you qualify for Globalist each year, but it can’t help you get to lifetime Globalist status. To earn lifetime Globalist, you need to accumulate 1M base points (and credit card spend doesn’t earn base points), which would require spending money at Hyatt. Noormally you earn 5 base points / dollar, so you’d be looking at $200k in spending with Hyatt.
Why cant I redeem my world of Hyatt points when traveling with children?
I’m not aware of any restriction there – unless it was an adults-only property or similar. Where are you seeing this restriction?
One of the best hotel programs out there for sure!
“if you have no activity on your account for 24 months your points will expire and your account will be closed, per the Hyatt’s terms and conditions page”
Slight edge case. Do points expire if you have lifetime status? Given codid and new work travel regulations I’ve no idea when I’ll stay in a hyatt again.
That’s a really good question. I don’t know for sure, and it’s way to important to leave to chance. I’d assume that if your account was closed for non-activity, you’d lose lifetime status. Don’t forget you can keep Hyatt active with transfers for Chase UR, or you could always consider getting a Hyatt Card to earn with regular spending.
Marriott Bonvoy offers more Brands, Hilton follows . I will consider an status match with Bonvoy,
Yes; Hyatt’s footprint in the USA is not very expansive.
Thanks for the information. It´s was very usefull. The Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires is a must visit!!
Everyone makes it SO tempting to get behind Hyatt! I just wish they had more hotels in places where I stay. They seem like the Alaska Airlines in the hotel world. I love that they have lots of options to get points and redeem them, yet not losing too much in any devaluation.
So. Much. To. Unpack.
One question off the top of my head: can I rightly assume that the best way to play this game is to have a hand in all the hotel chains as opposed to just one? Especially since Hyatt doesn’t have as many properties as their competitors. I’ve favored Hyatt in the past (before I knew about AW and how to earn rewards) because they’re beautiful properties and I love the amenities many of them offer, but Hyatt isn’t available everywhere I’ve wanted to travel. Is it possible (without extra spend) to use credit cards to earn status with multiple brands in order to maximize options when it comes time to book travel?
There are different ways of approaching this. Some would say concentrate your cards and stays (or flights) with 1-2 hotels (or airlines). That way you can combine cards, stays and promotions.
For example, someone might get both a Marriott personal and business credit card to get 2 free award nights plus 30 elite nights. Then, by staying 20 nights, you can get Marriott Platinum. That means free breakfast, 4pm guaranteed checkout, and suite upgrades on your free night certificates and organic stays.
But, it can make sense for those that can use the free night awards to get cards from a variety of hotel brands. Just make sure that you don’t mind staying one night or stack with a Player 2 (travel companion).
nice outline and reminded of expiration policy – wish it was longer with covid
Is there have another method to match hyatt status from marriott or IHG ? I prefer to have a Hyatt advance status.
Thanks for the info. I hadn’t been aware of the Hyatt/American Airlines connection. That will help me keep my American miles alive.
If only Hyatt lowered the number of QNs needed to qualify for Globalist..
I love the Mlife-Hyatt status match option.
HYATT is the most love hotel which i have stay. I am remember the days i have stay at Bali Hyatt hotel. The Hyatt point was keep worth and the advance member in Hyatt can be upgrade to Suite room with two free breakfast. I Love it.
i just wish they would honor third party bookings. would save money but i guess thats where they make their money
To access the reward points, is it necessary to make a reservation directly on the Hyatt website? Or can I get the points with reservations made through intermediaries (travel agencies)?
You might be able to find a travel agent that would be willing to make award bookings for you. However, the booking would still need to be made online (or over the phone)
Huge fan of Hyatt especially with the old chase hyatt credit card
Hyatt is NOT to be everywhere for everyone, which is not necessarily a bad thing.
Yes, I agree. It’s definetely not for me as I live in Europe. OtherwiseI think it’s the brand for people who love and of course can afford upscale hotels.
Hyatt properties are better than other brands. The only down side is that they do not have a massive footprint like others.
Great breakdown of the WOH program. Thanks for the Hyatt “sweet spot” ideas.
Love world of Hyatt. As an explorist I find great value in the program
Great info! I have got to get into gathering hotel points, I don’t know why it’s so hard for me to get into, versus airmiles. Maybe because when I’m at a new location the last place I want to be is the hotel but on a plane you have no where to go so lets make it the best possible ?
That’s solid reasoning when exploring a new place; get out and about. Although, some nice hotels are certainly a vacation unto themselves! 🙂