AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for The Business Platinum Card® from American Express are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
American Express consistently delivers top business cards that are popular and offer great perks. The Business Platinum Card® from American Express is no exception. The card offers luxury benefits for business travelers, and you can earn up to 85,000 bonus Membership Rewards with a new account.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year
- 1X point on other purchases
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
Increased Ability to Earn Points
Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com. Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's an extra half point per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year. with the Business Platinum Card. You'll receive one point for every dollar spent on any other purchase category.
If you're a big spender, purchases of $5,000 or more earn a 50% bonus, providing an effective earn rate of 1.5 Membership Rewards per dollar spent on these larger transactions. You receive a 50% bonus on $5,000+ purchases for the first $2,000,000 spent each calendar year, which will net an additional 1,000,000 Membership Rewards.
The only drawbacks commonly cited with the Business Platinum Card are the high annual fee of $595 , which is not waived for the first year, and the lack of business categories for non-travel business spend. Other than that, the card is considered to be a great travel rewards card.
Excellent Travel Perks
First, you get an airline credit of up to $200 per year for incidental purchases made on the airline of your choice. This includes meals, movies, upgrades, internet service, and more. If you are a frequent traveler, this accounts for nearly half of your annual fee, right off the bat.
You'll also receive complimentary elite status in multiple loyalty programs including Hilton Honors and Marriott Rewards.
As a cardholder, you have access to over 1,000 different airport lounges worldwide, allowing you to relax far more comfortably while you wait for your flight. This includes a full Priority Pass Select membership, and access to American Express Centurion Lounges, considered the best lounges in the US by most travelers due to the high-quality food and wine on offer, and even complimentary massages in some locations. Lounge access privileges include:
- Delta Sky Club when flying Delta
- Airspace Lounges, Plaza Premium Lounges, and the American Express Lounge by Pontus at Arlanda (Stockholm)
- Lufthansa Lounges in Munich when traveling on Lufthansa, Swiss, and Austrian
- Eurostar Business Premier Lounges at St Pancras International, Paris Gare du Nord, Brussels Midi/Zuid, and Ebbsfleet International
- The Centurion Lounge. Current Centurion Lounge locations include Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Houston (IAH), Las Vegas (LAS), New York LaGuardia (LGA), Miami (MIA), Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) and San Francisco (SFO)
- International American Express Lounges locations including Delhi (DEL), Buenos Aires (EZE), Mexico City (MEX), Monterrey (MTY), Toluca (TLC), Sydney (SYD), Melbourne (MEL), and Hong Kong (HKG)
- Virgin Australia Lounges when flying Virgin
- Full Priority Pass Select membership
Another great perk offered by the Business Platinum Card is an application credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓, once every five years, which has a value of up to $100 and will add up over time if you take advantage of this perk.
Redeeming Membership Rewards
The Business Platinum Card works best when you use your points for travel rewards, either through the Membership Rewards portal or by transferring to travel partners. You can redeem for other rewards, including gift cards, a statement credit, Amazon.com, and Uber purchases, but you get the best value using the points for travel.
You can transfer Membership Rewards points to Delta, British Airways, Singapore, Virgin Atlantic, Alitalia, Cathay Asia Miles, Etihad, Aeroplan, and many more. The hotel transfer partners are Hilton, Choice, and Marriott.
The Business Platinum Card also gives you a 35% points rebate when you use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and all First and Business class flights available through American Express Travel. The standard limit to this benefit is 500,000 points per year. However, big spenders are eligible for an increased cap on the points rebate.
And remember, if you ever need a hand with an award booking, take a look at AwardWallet's award booking service.
If you are a frequent business traveler, then The Business Platinum Card® from American Express may be perfect for you. If you've got big business expenses, this card has great perks that will deliver value far more than its annual fee.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.