AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promo has ended.
New member bonuses are a great way to earn bonus points and free nights when signing up for airline and hotel programs. Here's a round-up of the car rental, hotel, and airline loyalty programs currently giving bonuses for new members.
- Hertz Gold Plus Rewards New Member Bonus
- IHG Rewards New Member Bonus
- Hilton Honors New Member Bonus
- Marriott Bonvoy New Member Bonus
- Qatar Airways New Member Bonuses
- Choice Privileges Referral Bonus
- [Expired] Alaska Airlines New Member Bonus
- [Expired] Singapore Airlines New Member Bonus
- [Expired] Southwest Rapid Rewards New Member Bonus
- Final Thoughts
Hertz Gold Plus Rewards New Member Bonus
With extremely long lines and car availability shortages, rental car elite status has never been more valuable. There are plenty of ways to get rental car elite status — including through credit cards and perks of airline and hotel elite status. But now, all you need to do is sign-up!
Now through December 24, 2021, all new members of Hertz Plus Rewards will automatically be upgraded to Five Star elite status for the remainder of 2021. You can extend that elite status through the end of 2022 by completing just three qualifying rentals by the end of 2021.
Already a member? Well, unfortunately, Hertz isn't providing us elite status. But, you can earn double points through September 30, 2021 using promotional code 210520.
IHG Rewards New Member Bonus
Now's a great time to join the IHG Rewards program — if you aren't already a member. New members that enroll via this link by July 31, 2021 can earn a free award night worth up to 40,000 IHG Rewards points. To earn this bonus, you'll need to complete two qualifying stays by September 6, 2021.
- This offer is only open to new members of IHG Rewards
- You must enroll between June 1 and July 31, 2021.
- Complete two qualifying stays between June 1 and September 6, 2021.
- Qualifying stay requires booking a Qualifying Rate with total spend exceeding $30 per night.
- The free night award will be deposited 2-6 weeks after completing the stays.
- The free night award is valid for 120 days from issuance.
- Valid for U.S. and UK residents only.
- Free night award not valid at IHG Army hotels or Six Senses Hotels and Resorts that aren't part of the IHG Rewards program.
Hilton Honors New Member Bonus
New Hilton members can earn 5,000 bonus points on each of their first two stays. At least that's how it's advertised on Hilton's homepage:
Unfortunately, we can't find any terms and conditions for this offer. This banner links you to this sign-up page which doesn't mention the bonus. We've reached out to Hilton to try to get more details — such as how long new members have to complete these stays and any limitations.
If you want to play it safe, you can earn 5,000 bonus points after joining the program and completing your first two stays within 6 months of enrollment:
- This offer is only open to new members of the Hilton Honors program.
- You must enroll by December 31, 2021.
- Receive 2,000 bonus points after completing your first stay.
- Receive a further 3,000 bonus points after completing your second stay.
- To be eligible for the offer, the stays must be completed within 6 months of your enrollment date.
- A “stay” is defined as a consecutive number of nights at the same property regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
One thing to note with the Hilton promotion is that you need to complete your stays within 6 months of enrolling. Make sure to plan your stays and enrollment in advance to ensure you hit the offer's six-month window.
Another way of boosting your Hilton Honors account balance is by getting a new Hilton Honors credit card.
Marriott Bonvoy New Member Bonus
The Marriott new member bonus isn't quite as generous as Hilton. Marriott is offering a promotion to earn 2,500 bonus points after your first stay.
- You need to join Marriott Bonvoy as a new member with this link.
- Receive 2,500 bonus points after completing your first stay.
- At this point, the promotion does not stipulate if there is any date by which you must complete your first stay.
- A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Must book a points-earning rate to qualify.
Qatar Airways New Member Bonuses
You can't be blamed for ignoring the Qatar Privilege Club before now. For the past few years, Qatar offered sub-par award rates and high fees. But then, Qatar slashed award rates by up to 49% and ditched fees. Now you can book business class awards to the Middle East for 70,000 Qmiles or to the Maldives for 85,000 Qmiles and minimal fees.
Even if you aren't quite ready to transfer Citi ThankYou Points to Qatar Privilege Club to book these awards, now is a great time to sign up for the program.
Get 5,000 Bonus Qmiles
The newest offer gives you 5,000 bonus Qmiles just for signing up using offer code JOINAMER21.
- Enroll using code JOINAMER21
- Qatar's email says that you'll “receive 5,000 bonus Qmiles, plus access to exclusive benefits and perks”
[Closed] Get up to 5,000 Bonus Qmiles (fly by September 30)
Hoping to fly by September 30? The other offer gives you 1,000 bonus Qmiles just for signing up. Then, if you complete a flight on Qatar Airways by September 30, 2021, you'll earn another 4,000 bonus miles.
- Enroll through this link by April 30, 2021 to earn 1,000 bonus Qmiles
- Earn an additional 4,000 bonus Qmiles by taking a flight on Qatar
- Your first flight must be completed by September 30, 2021
- Flight must be operated and marketed by Qatar
- Tickets must be booked through Qatar Airways' website or mobile app to be eligible
Choice Privileges Referral Bonus
Choice Privileges doesn't have a new member bonus, per se. But, new members can earn 500 bonus points by signing up for the Choice Privileges program through a referral link and completing their first stay. If you don't have a friend that can refer you, you can sign up through this referral link.
In most cases, the 500 bonus points should post within 72 hours of completing your first stay. However, allow up to 20 days after check-out for international hotels.
The following promotions have expired. But, we are listing them for reference in case you're able to find something similar.
[Expired] Alaska Airlines New Member Bonus
Ahead of its merge with Oneworld Alliance, Alaska Airlines has announced a bonus for new members signing up before February 5, 2021.
- You need to join the Alaska Airlines New Mileage Plan as a new member with this link before February 5, 2021.
- Receive 2,500 bonus points after completing 2 flights (potentially just 1 round-trip) with Alaska before May 31, 2021.
- Receive an additional 2,500 bonus points after completing 2 more flights (i.e. 1 round-trip flight) with Alaska before May 31, 2021.
- To qualify, the flight must be eligible to earn Mileage Plan miles and must be credited to the new Mileage Plan account.
- Travel is valid on Alaska Airlines flight 1-1999, 2000-2999, and 3300-3450.
- Codeshare flights and flights with partner airlines do not qualify.
[Expired] Singapore Airlines New Member Bonus
There's a lot to like about the Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer program. AwardWallet members average 2.49¢ per KrisFlyer mile on recent redemptions. And KrisFlyer is a transfer partner of all major transferable programs (Amex Membership Rewards, Capital One Miles, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Citi ThankYou Points, Marriott Bonvoy).
If you aren't a member yet, you can sign up for a new KrisFler account using promo code 500JOINKF to earn 500 bonus miles. But, you'll have to act fast. This promotion is only available for new members through March 31, 2021.
[Expired] Southwest Rapid Rewards New Member Bonus
Southwest is one of our favorite airline loyalty programs — despite a recent devaluation. If you aren't a member yet and you're planning to travel soon, now's the time to join the Rapid Rewards program. You can earn up to 5,000 bonus points for taking just two roundtrips:
- Join Rapid Rewards through this link by May 31, 2021
- Earn 3,000 bonus points for flying one roundtrip (or two one-way flights)
- Earn another 2,000 bonus points for flying a second roundtrip (or two one-way flights)
- Flights must be booked by and flown by May 31, 2021
- Your Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking qualifying flight(s) to earn bonus points
If you're not already a member of these programs, now is a great time to join and get the bonus miles/points. It's always good to check for sign-up bonuses like these when signing up for a new mileage/point account. Some of the rewards can be great!
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.