AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
New member bonuses are a great way to earn bonus points and free nights when signing up for airline and hotel programs. Here's a round-up of the hotel and airline loyalty programs currently giving bonuses for new members.
Qatar Airways New Member Bonuses
You can't be blamed for ignoring the Qatar Privilege Club before now. For the past few years, Qatar offered sub-par award rates and high fees. But then, Qatar slashed award rates by up to 49% and ditched fees. Now you can book business class awards to the Middle East for 70,000 Qmiles or to the Maldives for 85,000 Qmiles and minimal fees.
Even if you aren't quite ready to transfer Citi ThankYou Points to Qatar Privilege Club to book these awards, now is a great time to sign up for the program. There are two different new member bonuses available:
Get up to 7,500 Bonus Qmiles (fly by June 30)
The first offer gives you 2,500 bonus Qmiles just for signing up. Then, take a Qatar Airways flight by June 30, 2021 to earn another 5,000 bonus Qmiles plus 50 bonus Qpoints toward elite status.
- Enroll using code OAT3SMQ121 by April 30, 2021 to earn 2,500 bonus Qmiles
- Travel by June 30, 2021 to earn 5,000 bonus Qmiles and 50 bonus Qpoints
- Flight bonus will be deposited within 30 days
- Flight must be operated and marketed by Qatar
- Full terms and conditions found here
Get up to 5,000 Bonus Qmiles (fly by September 30)
Not planning to fly by June 30 but hoping to fly by September 30? The other offer gives you 1,000 bonus Qmiles just for signing up. Then, if you complete a flight on Qatar Airways by September 30, 2021, you'll earn another 4,000 bonus miles.
- Enroll through this link by April 30, 2021 to earn 1,000 bonus Qmiles
- Earn an additional 4,000 bonus Qmiles by taking a flight on Qatar
- Your first flight must be completed by September 30, 2021
- Flight must be operated and marketed by Qatar
- Tickets must be booked through Qatar Airways' website or mobile app to be eligible
Hilton Honors New Member Bonus
New Hilton members can earn 5,000 bonus points on each of their first two stays. At least that's how it's advertised on Hilton's homepage:
Unfortunately, we can't find any terms and conditions for this offer. This banner links you to this sign-up page which doesn't mention the bonus. We've reached out to Hilton to try to get more details — such as how long new members have to complete these stays and any limitations.
If you want to play it safe, you can earn 5,000 bonus points after joining the program and completing your first two stays within 6 months of enrollment:
- This offer is only open to new members of the Hilton Honors program.
- You must enroll by December 31, 2021.
- Receive 2,000 bonus points after completing your first stay.
- Receive a further 3,000 bonus points after completing your second stay.
- To be eligible for the offer, the stays must be completed within 6 months of your enrollment date.
- A “stay” is defined as a consecutive number of nights at the same property regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
One thing to note with the Hilton promotion is that you need to complete your stays within 6 months of enrolling. Make sure to plan your stays and enrollment in advance to ensure you hit the offer's six-month window.
Another way of boosting your Hilton Honors account balance is by getting a new Hilton Honors credit card.
Marriott Bonvoy New Member Bonus
The Marriott new member bonus isn't quite as generous as Hilton. Marriott is offering a promotion to earn 2,500 bonus points after your first stay.
- You need to join Marriott Bonvoy as a new member with this link.
- Receive 2,500 bonus points after completing your first stay.
- At this point, the promotion does not stipulate if there is any date by which you must complete your first stay.
- A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Must book a points-earning rate to qualify.
Alaska Airlines New Member Bonus
Update: This offer required joining by February 5, 2021. If you did, you still have until May 31, 2021 to meet the flight requirements.
Ahead of its merge with Oneworld Alliance, Alaska Airlines has announced a bonus for new members signing up before February 5, 2021.
- You need to join the Alaska Airlines New Mileage Plan as a new member with this link before February 5, 2021.
- Receive 2,500 bonus points after completing 2 flights (potentially just 1 round-trip) with Alaska before May 31, 2021.
- Receive an additional 2,500 bonus points after completing 2 more flights (i.e. 1 round-trip flight) with Alaska before May 31, 2021.
- To qualify, the flight must be eligible to earn Mileage Plan miles and must be credited to the new Mileage Plan account.
- Travel is valid on Alaska Airlines flight 1-1999, 2000-2999, and 3300-3450.
- Codeshare flights and flights with partner airlines do not qualify.
[Expired] Singapore Airlines New Member Bonus
There's a lot to like about the Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer program. AwardWallet members average 2.49¢ per KrisFlyer mile on recent redemptions. And KrisFlyer is a transfer partner of all major transferable programs (Amex Membership Rewards, Capital One Miles, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Citi ThankYou Points, Marriott Bonvoy).
If you aren't a member yet, you can sign up for a new KrisFler account using promo code 500JOINKF to earn 500 bonus miles. But, you'll have to act fast. This promotion is only available for new members through March 31, 2021.
If you're not already a member of these programs, now is a great time to join and get the bonus miles/points. It's always good to check for sign-up bonuses like these when signing up for a new mileage/point account. Some of the rewards can be great!
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.