AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
New member bonuses are a great way to get a free night or bonus miles when signing up for airline and hotel programs. Here's a round-up of some of the hotel and airline membership programs currently giving bonuses for new members.
Hilton Honors New Member Bonus
New Hilton members can earn 5,000 bonus points after you join the program and completing your first two stays within 6 months of enrollment.
- This offer is only open to new members of the Hilton Honors program.
- You must enroll by December 31, 2020.
- Receive 2,000 bonus points after completing your first stay.
- Receive a further 3,000 bonus points after completing your second stay.
- To be eligible for the offer the stays must be completed within 6 months of your enrollment date.
- A “stay” is defined as a consecutive number of nights at the same property regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
One thing to note with the Hilton promotion is that you need to complete your stays within 6 months of enrolling. Make sure to plan your stays and enrollment in advance to ensure you hit the offer's six-month window.
Another way of boosting your Hilton Honors account balance is by getting a new Hilton Honors credit card.
Marriott Bonvoy New Member Bonus
The Marriott new member bonus is far more generous than Hilton. You can earn a free night worth up to 25,000 points after completing two qualifying stays. You also have a full year to redeem your free night. If you're not a member of Marriott Bonvoy, now's a great time to join!
- You need to join Marriott Bonvoy as a new member.
- Complete two stays before December 29, 2020.
- Earn a free night certificate for any property up to 25,000 points. That's enough for a category 4 property at standard pricing.
- A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Must book a points-earning rate to qualify.
- Marriott will automatically deposit the free night certificate into your account upon completing the second stay.
- You must redeem the award within one year from the date of issue.
IHG Rewards New Member Bonus
IHG is the latest hotel program to offer new members a chance to earn a free night. By signing up and staying twice, you'll earn a free night costing 40,000 points or less.
- You need to enroll in IHG Rewards as a new member by September 30, 2020.
- Complete two qualified stays at IHG brand hotels in the U.S. between July 30, 2020 and January 31, 2021
- To be a qualifying stay, total spend must exceed $30 per night
- Earn a free night certificate for any property up to 40,000 points
- The free night is valid until April 30, 2021
- The free night will be deposited into the member’s account 2-4 weeks after completing two qualifying stays
- IHG® Army Hotels, Mr. & Mrs. Smith properties, and Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas are excluded from this Offer
Qatar Airways New Member Bonus
The Qatar Airways Privilege Club also has a bonus for new members. If you sign up by September 30, you can earn up to 7,500 Qmiles and 50 Qpoints. That's 2,500 Qmiles just for signing up. Then, travel by December 10th, 2020 to receive another 5,000 Qmiles plus 50 Qpoints.
- Sign up as a new member by September 30, 2020.
- You must use the promo code JOIN2020 at the time of sign-up to get this offer.
- You will earn 5,000 Qmiles and 50 Qpoints within 15 days of your first flight with Qatar Airways.
- Make sure to use your Privilege Club number when you're booking.
- Offer only valid on flights operated and marketed by Qatar Airways.
- Travel with Award tickets is not eligible for bonus Qmiles and Qpoints.
- You can't sign up again if you already have an existing account.
The 50 Qpoints will get you a third of the way to Qatar's Silver elite tier — which comes with the following benefits (in addition to Burgundy tier benefits):
- Priority check-in and boarding
- Preferred seats
- Excess baggage allowance
- Lounge access
- Oneworld Ruby elite status
If you're not already a member of these programs, now is a great time to join and get the bonus miles/points or even a free night. It's always good to check for sign-up bonuses like these when signing up for a new mileage/point account. Some of the rewards can be great, such as the Qatar bonus for joining without having to do anything else.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.