AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
American Airlines teamed up with Mastercard to offer AAdvantage members a $50 coupon when booking an AA flight with a Mastercard before September 30, 2021. You can use the $50 voucher on flights booked between November 11, 2021, and March 15, 2022. This great promotion is open to all Mastercard cardholders, not just American Airlines credit cards.
$50 Flight Voucher Mastercard Promotion
This is a relatively simple promotion:
- First, you'll need to register your Mastercard for the offer.
- Use your Mastercard to book a flight with American Airlines before September 30, 2021.
- You will receive a $50 flight voucher within 6-8 weeks to be used on another American Airlines flight between November 11, 2021, and March 15, 2022.
- You don't need an American Airlines co-branded card for this deal. Any debit, credit, or small business card is eligible.
Terms and Conditions
- The $50 flight voucher can't be combined with AA trip or flight credits.
- Only flights within the US valued at $60 or more are eligible for the voucher, not including taxes and fees.
- Tickets must be booked on AA.com, using your AAdvantage number.
- Each AAdvantage member can only receive one voucher. However, several passengers on the same booking can each earn a voucher using the same Mastercard.
- Corporate cards are ineligible for this promotion.
- Only 100,000 vouchers are available.
We haven't seen a lot of Mastercard promotions recently, so this is a nice benefit for cardholders. If you're an American Airlines flyer and looking for a Mastercard, the AAdvantage® Aviator® Red World Elite Mastercard® is currently offering 60,000 bonus miles after making your first purchase in the first 90 days and paying the $99 annual fee..
The main disadvantage with this promotion is the limit to the first 100,000 customers. Perhaps not that many people will qualify, but if the number is exceeded, you won't know until after your voucher doesn't arrive. The promotion also doesn't say anything about when your first flight must take place, only when it has to be booked.
The other downside is that you can't combine this voucher with a trip credit, and a lot of travelers are probably still trying to work through flight credits from canceled trips.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.