AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card and Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
All information about Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card and Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card has been collected independently by AwardWallet
Eligibility is limited for the Amex Offers discussed in this post. Enrollment is required in the Amex Offers section of your account before redeeming.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
American Express recently rolled out another wave of targeted offers. This time, Amex is rewarding big spending. Some members are getting offers that effectively boost their earning rate by 1 point per $1 ratio. However, other offers only give 1 extra point per nearly $10 spent. Either way, you'll need to spend thousands of dollars to take advantage of any of these Amex Offers promotions.
Amex Bonus Points for Big Spending Promotions
Check your Amex Offers to see if you have a spend bonus on any of your Amex cards. Not everyone has been targeted, but here are some of the offers for those who were targeted:
- 6,500 bonus points for $4,500 spend (1 bonus point per $0.7 ratio)
- 4,500 bonus points for $4,500 spend (1 bonus point per $1 ratio)
- 5,500 bonus points for $11,000 spend (1 bonus point per $2 ratio)
- 4,000 bonus points for $14,500 spend (1 bonus point per $3.60 ratio)
- 3,000 bonus points for $11,000 spend (1 bonus point per $3.67 ratio)
- 8,000 bonus points for $30,500 spend (1 bonus point per $3.81 ratio)
- 7,500 bonus points for $29,500 spend (1 bonus point per $3.93 ratio)
- 4,000 bonus points for $16,000 spend (1 bonus point per $4 ratio)
- 5,000 bonus points for $20,000 spend (1 bonus point per $4 ratio)
- 19,500 bonus points for $192,500 spend (1 bonus point per $9.99 ratio)
Each promotion can be repeated up to 3 times, just requiring even more spending.
Terms and Conditions
- Must first add offer to an eligible Card and then use the same card to redeem.
- Limited to one enrolled card per member, regardless of how many cards you have linked to your Amex account. So, link the card that you plan to spend the most on.
- The spending limit must be reached within 90 days of accepting the offer.
- Must add the offer to your account by December 31, 2022.
- Bonus points will be credited to your account after the 90-day period.
- Cash advances, balance transfers, other fees, and charges such as interest, annual fees, and foreign currency conversion fees are not eligible transactions and do not qualify for this offer.
Other Amex Big Spending Offers
If you have these big spending Amex Offers on multiple cards, make sure to factor in the other rewards that Amex offers for meeting spending thresholds. Here are some options to consider:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: Must spend $75,000 in the previous calendar year to get free guests at Amex Centurion Lounges after February 1, 2023.
- Delta co-branded credit cards: Earn a Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) Status Boost
- Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card: Earn a Free Night Award after spending $60k in a calendar year.
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card: Earn a Weekend Night Reward after spending $15k in a calendar year. Plus, earn Hilton Honors Diamond elite status after spending $40k in a calendar year.
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card: Earn an additional Weekend Night Reward after spending $60k in a calendar year.
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card: Earn a Weekend Night Reward after spending $15k in a calendar year. Plus earn Diamond elite status after spending $40k in a calendar year. Then, earn another Weekend Night Reward after spending $60k in a calendar year.
- Hilton Honors American Express Card: Earn Hilton Honors Gold by spending $20k in a calendar year.
For the most part, these offers are pretty bad. Sure, a few members are getting 1 point per $1 spent—and some with a low threshold. However, one cardmember reported needing to spend nearly $200k before getting a 10 to 1 ratio. Also, one member reported never seeing the bonus points in their account after the last promotion.
Are you interested in this offer? Or are you giving it a hard pass?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.