AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
For one week only, you can earn double SkyMiles on purchases of Delta gift cards. The promotion runs November 22-29, 2021, and no enrollment is required. There are important terms to know about for this promotion, so here are the details and the silver lining.
Double SkyMiles Promotion on Delta Gift Cards
Between November 22 and November 29, 2021, you can earn double SkyMiles on Delta gift card purchases. The minimum purchase amount for the promotion is $250. The gift cards do not expire, and no enrollment is required.
Here are the key terms:
- Visit the promotion's landing page here.
- Buy $250 or more in Delta Gift cards from the promotion page or http://promo.giftcards.delta.com between November 22-29, 2021.
- Earn 2 miles per dollar spent on Delta gift card purchases of $250 or more.
- The double SkyMiles will be awarded automatically; enrollment or registration is not required.
- Allow up to 14 business days after the promotion ends to receive your bonus SkyMiles.
- Enter a valid, accurate SkyMiles number at checkout in order to receive the bonus miles.
- Only customers with a U.S. billing address and over the age of 18 are eligible to participate in this offer. This offer is non-transferable.
- Delta Gift Cards are non-refundable once purchased and have no expiration date. Full terms are here.
Maximizing This Offer
In recent redemptions, AwardWallet users have averaged 1.39¢ per mile for U.S. domestic flights in economy and up to 3.2¢ in long-haul, international business class. Even for those who fly Delta a lot, buying a $250 gift card to get 500 extra SkyMiles isn't going to be game-changing. You're just getting something around $10 worth of points, on average.
Where this deal becomes great is that Delta processes its gift card sales directly. That means the purchase of gift cards should code as an airfare purchase. So, you could earn the 2X SkyMiles plus up to 5X on the purchases, depending on which credit card you use. See our list of the best credit cards to use for travel purchases. Thus, on a $250 purchase, you could end up with $10 worth of Delta SkyMiles and $25 worth of bank points–plus your Delta gift card, of course.
This promotion to earn double SkyMiles on Delta gift card purchases isn't earth-shattering. Keep in mind that you can't use Delta gift cards to pay the taxes/fees on award bookings, so this gift card is only valid on purchasing a cash ticket.
If you don't see yourself buying a Delta ticket within the next year, you likely shouldn't buy the gift card–even though it doesn't expire. However, if you can use it, the fact that Delta processes gift card sales directly means you could wind up with a fair amount of points. Just make sure to do the math for your situation. Or, if you're generous, buy gift cards as Christmas gifts and keep the bonus points for yourself!
What do you think about this offer? Will you be buying any gift cards for the 2X SkyMiles?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.