AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
It seems like every week there is a good trans-oceanic sale out there. Most of these sales are limited to certain cities, hubs or destinations, so the number of people that can take advantage is rather small. However, according to The Flight Deal, there is currently a NATIONWIDE sale to Europe with fares starting as low as $425 roundtrip that includes the vast majority of major cities in Europe.
Here is what you need to know about this sale:
- Eligible travel dates appear to range from August of 2016 to March of 2017.
- Hubs from all three major U.S. airlines (Delta, United, and American) are covered; smaller airports are eligible as well.
- Among the European destinations included are Paris, Madrid, Rome, London, Athens and Munich.
- Lowest fares appear to be to Istanbul.
- Fares vary by destination, but at worst, you should be able to find something in the $600s.
- Per The Flight Deal, a seven-day minimum stay is required, and reservations must be purchased at least 28 days in advance of departure.
- Fares are for travel in economy class.
- These are not mistake fares, but rather the result of fare wars between airlines.
Although I was not able to quickly find fares for under $600, the vast majority of fares displayed above are under $700, with many of them in the low $600s. That means that even a family of four could travel to Europe for around $2,500. It does not get much better than that, especially if your rewards balances are small.
If you were considering a trip to Europe, the time to book said trip is now.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.