AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Now through November 21, British Airways Executive Club members can book award flights at up to a 50% discount. Travel by April 30, 2020, to score great redemptions on British Airways metal. The steepest discounts are for economy and premium-economy travel, but even small discounts apply to business and first-class cabins.
To take advantage of this limited-time award discount, note the following restrictions:
- No registration required
- Award flight discounts will automatically price when booking
- Discounts apply only to flights on British Airways metal
- Bookings must be completed by November 21, 2019
- Travel must occur by April 30, 2020
- Discounts are on Avios only
- Enjoy 10% off Avios requirements for business and first-class travel
- Enjoy 50% off Avios requirements for economy and premium-economy travel
How to Book
Head to the British Airways award website to get started booking your discounted travel. This promotion applies to both peak- and off-peak travel pricing. For example, a one-way flight in economy between 3,000 and 4,000 miles in distance would normally cost 20,000 Avios on peak dates and 13,000 Avios on off-peak dates. Flight from London to cities such as Boston, New York, Philadelphia, and even Chicago fall into this range.
Flying against the jet stream, London to Chicago likely represents the longest routing of the group. On off-peak dates, this nine-hour flight can be booked right now for just 6,500 Avios!
Booking the same flight in premium economy would normally cost 26,000 Avios. Under this promotion, that figures drops to just 13,000 Avios. Note that the surcharges on this award are $121.48 higher than for the economy award too. Regardless of the class of service, you'll pay higher fees in the eastbound direction, thanks to London's steep airport taxes. If possible, consider originating your return flight in a European city served by British Airways to reduce costs.
Premium Economy Pricing
You can cut down the out of pocket cost expense of these award surcharges with the British Airways Visa Signature® Card. If you already have the card, make sure to use it to pay your taxes and fees to score a statement credit of up to $100 per economy- and premium-economy ticket, and up to $200 per business- and first-class ticket. Here's our full post on the British Airways Visa Card statement credit for taxes and fees.
If you don't have the card yet, you won't be able to benefit on this trip (due to the limited time to book this flash sale), but it's still well worth considering for future trips.
This promotion drastically reduces the number of Avios required to travel between North America and Europe. A round-trip journey from Chicago or the East Coast to London costs as low as 13,000 Avios (plus taxes and surcharges). Even in premium economy, the same trip requires as few as 26,000 Avios, or the normal cost of round-trip economy flights. By utilizing the perks of the British Airways Visa Card, you can reduce the total outlay of this kind of trip even further.
Additionally, one way flights between Europe and North America often cost thousands of dollars on full service carriers. With award bookings, you won't find the same cost increase to book a one way instead of a round trip. Travelers can save big by redeeming Avios for travel in economy or premium economy, especially for daytime flights from London to North America when a standard seat is more palatable.
- Earn 50,000 bonus Avios after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
- Plus earn an additional 50,000 bonus Avios after you spend $20,000 on your purchases within your first year of account opening.
- 3 Avios per $1 spent on purchases with British Airways, Aer Lingus, Iberia, and LEVEL
- 2 Avios per $1 spent on hotel accommodations, plus 1 Avios per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- 10% off British Airways flights starting in the US when you book by March 31, 2020
- Every calendar year you make $30,000 in purchases on your British Airways Visa card, you'll earn a Travel Together Ticket good for two years.
- Pay no foreign transaction fees when you travel abroad.
- Simply tap to pay with your contactless British Airways Visa Signature Card. Just look for the contactless symbol at checkout. It's fast, easy and secure!
- 3X Avios per $1 spent on purchases with British Airways, Aer Lingus, Iberia, and LEVEL
- 2X Avios per $1 spent on hotel accommodations
- 1X Avios for every $1 spent on all other purchases
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.