AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
In this post, we compare the signup bonus, earning rates, and benefits of these popular rewards cards to help you decide which card deserves a spot in your wallet.
Highlights of the Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card
- Earn 20,000 Miles once you spend $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening; worth $200 in travel if redeemed for a fixed-value, or potentially much more when transferred to airline partners
- 1.25 Miles on every purchase
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months; 19.99% - 29.99% variable APR after that
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 annual fee
- 1.25 Miles per dollar on every purchase, every day and 5 Miles per dollar on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel.
The Capital One VentureOne has a bonus of 20,000 miles.
You can instantly redeem 20,000 Venture miles for $200 worth of travel expenses. But the real value comes from transferring those points to one of 18 airline and hotel partners. This can provide a much higher value — especially when redeemed for business-class flights.
And here's the best part: The Capital One VentureOne is one of the only cards that allows you to transfer rewards earned on the card directly to travel partners without holding a companion card that charges an annual fee.
So not only can you earn great rewards, you also can use them to their fullest potential without any annual fee.
Card highlights include:
- Minimum 1.25 Venture Miles on every purchase.
- Earn 5X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel.
- Transfer Venture Miles to 18 airline and hotel partners; 16 of these partners transfer at 1:1 — and usually immediately.
- Redeem miles for a fixed value of 1¢ per mile towards any travel purchase you made in the past 90 days.
- 0% intro APR on purchases and 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 15 months; 19.99% - 29.99% variable APR after that; 3% for the first 15 months or at a promotional APR that Capital One may offer you at any other time. No fee for amounts transferred at the Transfer APR fee on the amounts transferred within the first 15 months.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- $0 annual fee.
Highlights of the Citi Rewards+® Card
- Sign-up bonus of 20,000 ThankYou Points after you spend $1,500 in purchases with your card within 3 months of account opening
- Automatically rounds up to the nearest 10 points on every purchase with no cap
- 2X ThankYou® Points at Supermarkets and Gas Stations for the first $6,000 per year and then 1X point per $1 thereafter
- Top intro APR offer on purchases and balance transfers
- 2X ThankYou® Points at Supermarkets and Gas Stations for the first $6,000 per year and then 1X Points thereafter
- 1X Points on all other purchases
- Automatically rounds up to the nearest 10 points on every purchase - with no cap
With the Citi Rewards+® Card, you can earn a solid signup bonus of 20,000 bonus points after you spend $1,500 in purchases with your card within 3 months of account opening.
This no-annual-fee card has unique features that set it apart from other reward cards, including a rebate of 10% of points redeemed each year—up to 10,000 points annually.
Card highlights include:
- 10% points back for the first 100,000 points redeemed each year. That's up to 10,000 points back.
- Intro 0% APR on purchases for 15 months, then an APR of 18.74% - 28.74% (Variable).
- Intro 0% APR on balance transfers for 15 months, then an APR of 18.74% - 28.74% (Variable). Intro fee 3% of each transfer ($5 min) completed within the first 4 months of account opening. After that, 5% of each transfer ($5 min).
- Earn 5X ThankYou Points on attractions, hotels, and car rentals in the Citi Travel portal through June 30, 2024.
- Earn 2X points at supermarkets and gas stations for the first $6,000 per year in combined purchases, then 1X.
- Every transaction is rounded up to the nearest 10 points, making it the ideal card for small purchases.
Which Card Delivers More Value to Cardholders?
The Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card delivers a better long-term value proposition than the Citi Rewards+ as a standalone card. It has a more valuable signup bonus, allows you to transfer to partners without a companion card, charges no foreign transaction fee, and features an excellent 0% introductory APR offer.
However, the Citi Rewards+ is an excellent choice if you are already invested in the ThankYou Rewards ecosystem and hold a card that lets you transfer points to airline and hotel partners. The 10K points rebate can provide hundreds of dollars in value annually without paying an annual fee, making it an excellent companion card to the Citi® Double Cash Card and Citi Premier® Card. In fact, the points rebate even works with points redeemed from those other cards, so long as your rewards accounts are linked.
If you're looking for a travel credit card with no annual fee, the Capital One VentureOne and the Citi Rewards+ offer great rewards. However, the better choice will depend on your specific needs and the other cards you have in your wallet.
As a standalone travel card, the Capital One VentureOne is the better choice over the long term. The card is offering a bonus of 20,000 miles, plus, it has the ability to transfer rewards directly to travel partners without needing a companion card that charges an annual fee, giving it a significant advantage.
On the other hand, if you're already invested in the ThankYou Rewards ecosystem and have a card that lets you transfer points to airline and hotel partners, the Citi Rewards+ is a great option. The card features a solid 20,000-point bonus, and the 10,000-point rebate on the first 100,000 points redeemed annually can provide hundreds of dollars in value yearly.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.