AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card and Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
All information about Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card and Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card has been collected independently by AwardWallet
American Express set the standard high with its rollout of Amex Centurion Lounges. Playing catch up, Capital One and Chase are adding their own line of airport lounges. With one overseas location already open, Chase opened the doors to its first U.S. Chase Sapphire Lounge in Boston on May 16, 2023. We also expect Chase to open several additional lounges in 2023.
In fact, Chase plans to rapidly grow its footprint to nine airport lounges across the United States. Which airports have or will have a Chase Sapphire Lounge and who can access these lounges? Let's dig into all of the details.
Note: This post refers to both “Chase Sapphire Lounges” and the “Chase Sapphire Lounge by The Club.” These terms are used interchangeably, but the official name for Chase's line of airport lounges is the “Chase Sapphire Lounge by The Club.”
- What are Chase Sapphire Lounges?
- What Airports Have Chase Sapphire Lounges?
- Chase Sapphire Lounge by The Club Amenities
- Who Has Access to Chase Sapphire Airport Lounges?
- The Top Credit Cards with Access to Chase Sapphire Lounges
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
- U.S. Bank Altitude™ Reserve Visa Infinite® Card
- Paid Priority Pass memberships
- The Bottom Line
What are Chase Sapphire Lounges?
The concept of the Chase Sapphire Lounge is similar to that of the American Express Centurion Lounge. With that said, Chase Sapphire Lounges are more accessible than American Express Centurion Lounges, thanks to their inclusion in the Priority Pass network.
With the opening of the Chase Sapphire Lounge in Boston on May 16, two Chase Sapphire Lounges are now open to travelers — with the other in Hong Kong International Airport. Plus, Chase opened a new Chase Sapphire Terrace in Austin on March 20, 2023. There are eight additional lounge locations in the works that will soon open their doors to travelers.
Chase's airport lounges are in partnership with Airport Dimensions. Airport Dimensions is best known for the company's “The Club” airport lounges.
Below you'll find a complete list of open and planned Chase Sapphire Lounges, including club amenities.
What Airports Have Chase Sapphire Lounges?
As of May 2023, only two Chase Sapphire Lounges are open to travelers: one in Hong Kong International Airport (HKG) and the other at the Boston Logan International Airport (BOS). The Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) also features the Chase Sapphire Terrace, although this isn't a full-fledged lounge experience.
However, 2023 will bring a number of additions to Chase's lounge portfolio.
|Hong Kong International Airport (HKG)||Terminal 1 International Departures, West Hall, Level 7, Departures Level, near Gate 40||7:00 AM to 7:00 PM|
|Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)||Terminal B/C Connector, between Gates 39 and 40||5:00 AM to 11:00 PM|
|Dallas/Fort Worth International (DFW)||Terminal D, near Gate 35||Future Location: TBA|
|Las Vegas Harry Reid International Airport (LAS)||Terminal 1, C Gates||Future Location: TBA|
|New York-LaGuardia (LGA)||Terminal B||Future Location: TBA|
|Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)||Terminal D/E Connector||Future Location: TBA|
|Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)||Terminal 4 South||Future Location: TBA|
|San Diego International Airport (SAN)||Terminal 2 West||Future Location: TBA|
|Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)||Terminal A||Future Location: TBA|
|Austin-Bergstrom International (AUS)||Near Gate 1||10:00 AM to 8:00 PM|
Unfortunately, very little is known about these future lounge locations — including opening dates. However, it is quite likely that many of these future lounges will open sometime in 2023.
Here's what we know so far about some of the future Chase Sapphire Lounge locations:
- Dallas (DFW): Leaked in February 2023, this club has been approved by the DFW Airport Board.
- Phoenix (PHX): 3,500 square feet, likely to open in the first half of 2023
- San Diego (SAN): 11,000 square-foot lounge will likely open in late 2023. The lounge will be on the mezzanine level of Terminal 2, located near Gates 46 & 47. Documents show that the lounge will include locally-inspired cuisine and artwork.
Chase Sapphire Lounge by The Club Amenities
Details about future locations are being kept under wraps, though amenities should remain fairly consistent across all locations. With the first two Chase Sapphire Lounges by The Club now open, we can take a look at the amenities travelers can expect when visiting these lounges.
Chase Sapphire Lounge by The Club Boston Logan International Airport
The amenities offered at the Chase Sapphire Lounge by The Club are generous, especially considering the lounge is accessible to Priority Pass members. At nearly 12,000 square feet, the lounge is also rather large. Featuring warm furnishings and wood finishes, the lounge offers guests an inviting environment with a premium feel.
Here are the amenities available to Chase Sapphire Lounge guests:
- Locally-inspired food
- Premium spirits
- Work areas
- Comfortable seating
- Kid's room
- Nursing suite
- Wellness room
- Shower suites
As you can see, the lounge features standard amenities along with some local flair. For example, this location includes a tap room with local craft beer on tap.
Who Has Access to Chase Sapphire Airport Lounges?
Despite the Chase Sapphire branding, many non-Chase cardholders have access to Chase Sapphire Lounge by The Club locations. This is thanks to Chase Sapphire lounges being part of the Priority Pass network.
Anyone with a Chase Sapphire Reserve® and its associated Priority Pass membership gets unlimited access to the Chase Sapphire Lounge for themselves and up to two guests.
Chase also allows anyone with a Priority Pass membership from other credit cards one free entry per calendar year. Subsequent entries will cost more — much more. Day passes cost $100.
Note that the Chase Sapphire Lounge located in Hong Kong is still available via a standard Priority Pass membership with no additional charge. We don't know how long this will last.
Moreover, the Sapphire Terrace in Austin is not considered a lounge and has unique access rules. Only those with the Sapphire Reserve have access — not Priority Pass members.
The Top Credit Cards with Access to Chase Sapphire Lounges
As previously mentioned, you don't have to be a Chase cardholder to access Chase Sapphire Lounges. All Priority Pass holders can access the Chase Sapphire Lounge by The Club for free once per calendar year. There are two ways to obtain a Priority Pass membership.
The first way to obtain a Priority Pass membership is through a premium credit card that offers membership as a benefit to cardholders. There are quite a few credit cards that offer Priority Pass membership.
Here are some of the best credit cards that offer Priority Pass membership to cardholders:
- Welcome Bonus Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Priority Pass Select membership
- Annual fee: $550
- Welcome Offer Earn 80,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $8,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Priority Pass Select membership plus access to American Express Centurion Lounges and Delta SkyClubs on qualifying itineraries Enrollment is required for select Amex benefits.
- Annual fee: $695 (Rates & Fees)
- Welcome Offer Earn 120,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with your Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Priority Pass Select membership plus access to the American Express Centurion Lounge and Delta SkyClubs on qualifying itineraries Enrollment is required for select Amex benefits.
- Annual fee: $695 (Rates & Fees)
- Welcome Bonus Earn 75,000 bonus miles when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Priority Pass Select Membership plus access to Capital One Lounges
- Annual fee: $395
- Welcome Offer Earn two 85K Free Night Awards after you spend $6,000 in purchases on the Card in your first 6 months. Each award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 85,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy. Card Members could enjoy a value of up to $1,200 when redeeming each reward. Certain hotels have resort fees. Offer ends 11/1/2023.
- Priority Pass Select membership Enrollment is required for select Amex benefits.
- Annual fee: $650 (Rates & Fees)
- Welcome Offer Earn 150,000 Bonus Points after you use your new Card to make $4,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, enjoy a Free Night Reward within your first year and every year after renewal.
- Priority Pass Select membership
- Annual fee: $450
- Welcome Offer Earn 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors Business Card within the first three months of Card Membership.
- 10 Priority Pass lounge visits each year Enrollment is required for select Amex benefits.
- Annual fee: $95 (Rates & Fees)
- Welcome Offer Earn 130,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after you spend $2,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 10 Priority Pass lounge visits each year
- Annual fee: $95
- Welcome Bonus Earn 50,000 bonus points worth $750 on travel. Just spend $4,500 in the first 90 days of account opening.
- Eight Priority Pass lounge visits per year
- Annual fee: $400
Paid Priority Pass memberships
The second way to obtain a Priority Pass membership is to buy one. This method of obtaining a membership is far less popular. And that's for good reason. The cost of membership is often higher than the annual fee of credit cards that provide a Priority Pass membership.
Still, for individuals who don't want a credit card with an annual fee, purchasing a Priority Pass membership is an option. Here is an overview of the three options when purchasing a Priority Pass membership:
- Standard Membership: $99 a year; each member visit is $35 with guest access for an additional $35 per visit
- Standard Plus Membership: $329 a year; 10 complimentary visits, with additional visits priced at $35 each. Members can bring guests for an additional $35 per visit.
- Prestige Membership: $499 a year; all member visits free of charge, with guest access available for $35 per visit.
It's obvious when you compare Priority Pass membership fees with the annual fees of the credit cards listed above that purchasing a membership outright isn't the best deal. Still, it's an option. Check out our detailed post to learn more about the Priority Pass program.
The Bottom Line
As of May 16, the first two Chase Sapphire Lounges are now open, as well as the Chase Sapphire Terrace in Austin. In addition, there are eight additional Chase Sapphire Lounges in the works. This is great news — not just for Sapphire Reserve cardholders but anyone with a Priority Pass membership.
Chase Sapphire Lounges by The Club will be located in some of the largest airports across the globe. While each lounge will offer pretty standard amenities, they're also offering thoughtful details based on where they're located. Additional information on the new lounges is still pretty hard to come by, but we expect many to open their doors to guests sometime in 2023.
Which Chase Sapphire Lounges by The Club are you most excited about? What's your go-to credit card for accessing Priority Pass lounges?
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: The Platinum Card® from American Express (Rates & Fees), The Business Platinum Card® from American Express (Rates & Fees), Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card (Rates & Fees), and The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card (Rates & Fees)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.