AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Choice Hotels is out with its next promotion of 2021, offering 2,000 bonus points for completing a stay by March 21, 2021. Additionally, some loyalty members may also have an option for a one-time 20% discount on a Choice stay instead.
Choice Promotion Key Terms
- Choice Privilege members must first register with Choice for this promotion by March 21, 2021.
- Here's the registration link for the 2,000-point bonus. It seems that you'll need to click directly from the Choice email to get the 20% discount promotion.
- Book and complete one qualifying stay between March 1, 2021 and March 21, 2021 to earn the bonus or receive the discount.
- This promotion applies only to members residing in the U.S. at participating Choice properties in the U.S.
- Members may only utilize one promotion for one stay—either a 2,000-point bonus or a 20% discount.
- Only one room reservation per member per night will qualify for this promotion.
- Non-participating hotels include WoodSpring Suites and Ascend Hotel Collection all-inclusive properties and casinos.
- Members must book their stay via a direct Choice channel—including www.choiceprivileges.com, the Choice Hotels mobile app, or 800.4.CHOICE.
- If a member opts for the discount, they'll receive 20% off the Best Available Rate—which will be applied immediately upon booking the room.
Exclusions for this promotion include:
reward night stays, rooms booked below certain rates, complimentary rooms, rooms paid for as part of a convention or meeting, rooms booked through a third-party online retailer including online travel agencies, wholesale packages, group tours, and stays booked using the employee discount or the friends and family discount
Tips for Booking
Make sure to pay for the stay with one of the best rewards cards for travel purchases. Right now, several credit cards offer 3X points on hotel purchases:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve® — 3X Ultimate Rewards points on travel purchases
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card — 3X Ultimate Rewards points on travel purchases
- Citi Prestige® Card — 3X ThankYou points on hotels and cruise line purchases
- Citi Premier® Card — 3X ThankYou points on travel
- U.S. Bank Altitude™ Reserve Visa Infinite® Card — 3X points on eligible travel purchases
- Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card — 3X points on travel including flights, hotels, homestays and car rentals
Put plainly, Choice's latest promotion is a bit of a dud. Not only are the bonus points and discount limited to just one stay, but they're both equally unexciting.
Choice offers free nights at bottom-tier properties for 8,000 points per night. That means that the 2,000-point bonus is only worth a quarter of a free night. Compared to previous Choice promotions awarding up to 8,000 bonus points per stay, that's just sad.
However, the 20% discount could offer a somewhat better value, at least on longer cash stays. But considering other discounts are often available and most readers are (hopefully) booking award stays, that'll be of limited interest.
Choice Privilege points are great for free night awards in upscale overseas properties and last-minute overnight airport stays. So if you have any intentions of completing a stay at a Choice hotel by March 21, take the minute or two to register now (bonus points promotion link). Also, remember that Choice Hotels has many properties in smaller towns that you might not expect. Check out AwardMapper to see if there's a Choice hotel where you're traveling.
How do you feel about Choice's new promotion? Is it convincing you to book a stay at a Choice hotel?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.