AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Choice Hotels is out with its first promotion of 2021, offering double points for staying at Choice properties. For this Choice promotion, members can earn up to 30,000 bonus points through February 28, 2021.
Here's how the deal works:
- Earn double Choice Privilege Points per stay up to 30,000 bonus points.
Choice Promotion Key Terms
- Choice Privilege members must register with Choice for this promotion before you complete your first stay.
- This promotion is good for qualifying stays between January 18, 2021 and February 28, 2021.
- Your Choice Privileges account must be registered in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Mexico, participating countries in Central America and the Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand, or Singapore to be eligible for this promotion.
- Paid stays with a nightly rate (before taxes and fees) lower than $40 will not qualify.
- Qualifying stays will have an arrival (check-in) date between January 18 and February 28, 2021.
- There is no limit on the number of qualifying stays in which members can earn bonus points during the promotion period.
- The maximum bonus points earned throughout the promotion period will not exceed 30,000 points.
- Book your stay through ChoiceHotels.com, the Choice Hotels mobile app, or 800.4.CHOICE.
- Some properties aren't eligible for this Choice promotion. These include WoodSpring Suites hotels and Ascend all-inclusive resorts, as well as all properties located in Japan, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Lithuania, Estonia, and Latvia.
- Members must select Choice Privilege Points as their earning preference in their online account to receive the bonus. That means if you are currently earning airline or Amtrak points from your Choice stays, you must switch your earn preferences to Choice Privileges.
- Excludes reward night stays, complimentary rooms, rooms paid for as part of a convention or meeting, rooms booked through a third party online retailer including online travel agencies, wholesale packages, group tours, and stays booked using the employee discount or the friends and family discount
Tips for Booking
After you register for this Choice promotion, you can start searching for those low-cost nights here. Make sure to pay for the stay with one of the best rewards cards for travel purchases. Right now, several credit cards offer 3X points on hotel purchases:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve® — 3X Ultimate Rewards points on travel purchases
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card — 3X Ultimate Rewards points on travel purchases
- Citi Prestige® Card — 3X ThankYou points on hotels and cruise line purchases
- Citi Premier® Card — 3X ThankYou points on travel
- U.S. Bank Altitude™ Reserve Visa Infinite® Card — 3X points on eligible travel purchases
- Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card — 3X points on travel including flights, hotels, homestays and car rentals
This promotion is a refreshing change for Choice, who tends to recycle the same ‘complete two stays and receive 8,000 bonus points' promotion quarter after quarter. Even better, unlike some of Choice's previous promotions, this one does seem to offer decent value.
For example, let's say you have a two-night stay coming up where the room rate is $200/night before taxes. With Choice, you typically earn 10 base points per dollar in eligible room rates. Choice doubles this under the current promotion. That means instead of earning 4,000 points, you'll earn 8,000. Many of Choice's lowest-tier properties start at 8,000 points per night. So in this example, your two-night stay would net you enough points for a free night.
Additionally, Choice has added several membership markets to the eligibility list this time around. Choice's previous promotion was limited to American and Canadian members, so it's fantastic to see that this one includes more members globally.
Choice Privilege Points are great for free night awards in upscale overseas properties and last minute overnight airport stays. So if you have any intentions of completing a stay at a Choice hotel by February 28th, take the minute or two to register now. Also, remember that Choice Hotels has many properties in smaller towns that you might not expect. Check out AwardMapper to see if there's a Choice hotel where you're traveling.
How do you feel about Choice's New Year promotion? Is it convincing you to book a stay at a Choice hotel?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.