AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
Choice Hotels is out with its fall promotion for 2021, and it's very similar to what we've seen in the past. The promotion is open now and ends on October 31, 2021. Members can earn up to 5,000 points per stay during the promotion period. There is no limit to the number of points you can earn in this promotion.
Terms and Conditions
- You must register with Choice for this promotion before you check out your first stay.
- At the time of registration, you must have an address in the U.S. (includes U.S. territories), Canada, Mexico, Europe, participating countries in Central America and the Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand, or Singapore to be eligible.
- Qualifying stays will have an arrival (check-in) date between September 12 and October 31, 2021.
- Note that consecutive nights at the same hotel only count as one stay, regardless of check-ins or check-outs.
- There is no limit to the number of points you can earn during the promotion period.
How you earn points:
- Guests with a 2-night stay will receive 2,000 points.
- For a stay of 3 nights or more, guests will receive 5,000 points.
- Book your stay through ChoiceHotels.com, the Choice Hotels mobile app, or 800.4.CHOICE.
- If you're a corporate traveler, you can book your stays through your corporate booking system, GDS, or with a travel agent to qualify. However, stays booked through Egencia's Preferred Rate Program do not qualify for promotional bonus points.
Not all stays are eligible for this promotion. As per Choice's T&Cs and FAQ page, here are the stays that are not eligible for this offer:
- Nights where the base rate costs less than $40 per night
- Stays at all-inclusive resorts
- WoodSpring Suites™ properties
- Ascend Hotel Collection™ properties
- Properties in the following countries: Japan, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Lithuania, Estonia, and Latvia.
- Reward night stays
- Complimentary rooms
- Rooms paid for as part of a convention or meeting
- Rooms booked through a travel agent or third-party online retailer, including online travel agencies (unless you're a corporate traveler)
- Wholesale packages or group tours
- Stays booked using the employee discount or the friends and family discount
Doing the Math on This Choice Promotion
Choice Hotels is offering 2,000 or 5,000 points per stay during the promotion period. The maximum number of points you can earn on one stay is 5,000 points (a stay of 3 nights or more).
A 2-night stay yields 1,000 points per night, while 3-night stays yield 1,667 points per night. Longer stays will not yield more points, so it is advantageous to stay exactly three nights during this promotion.
As checking out and checking in for consecutive days at the same property will not count as a new stay, examine your situation to see whether moving to another hotel nearby is 1) an option and 2) worth the points you'll earn from the extra effort.
Tips for Booking
After you register for the promotion, you can start searching for low-cost nights here. Make sure to pay for the stay with one of the best rewards cards for travel purchases. Right now, several credit cards offer 3X points on hotel purchases:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve® — 3X Ultimate Rewards points on travel purchases
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card — 3X Ultimate Rewards points on travel purchases
- Citi Prestige® Card — 3X ThankYou points on hotels and on cruise line purchases
- U.S. Bank Altitude™ Reserve Visa Infinite® Card — 3X points on eligible travel purchases
- Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card — 3X points on travel including flights, hotels, homestays and car rentals
This is a simple, straightforward promotion. You earn 2,000 points for a 2-night stay or 5,000 points for a stay of 3+ nights. This isn't a deal that justifies shaking up your travel schedule. That said, if you need an airport hotel before an early departure or another overnight in a low-cost market, this is a nice way to snag some extra value.
If you find yourself traveling to locations outside of major cities, this promotion could be especially lucrative. Choice Hotels has a lot of properties in smaller towns. Check out AwardMapper to see if a hotel is where you're traveling.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.