AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Airlines battling to one up each other is always a good thing for consumers. Seattle is the hometown of Alaska Airlines, yet surprisingly enough the Seattle Seahawks’ main sponsor is none other than Delta Air Lines. The ongoing battle has resulted in Delta offering Seattle residents some great deals, including a great partnership with the Seahawks. The promotion with the Seahawks started with the regular football season and allowed fans to earn miles based on the on-field performances of the team. The promotion is called the 12status promotion.
The 12status Offer
The current offer is open to Washington state residents, and they can earn the following bonus miles depending on the performance of the Seahawks:
- Each passing yard at a home game earns 1 mile
- For every 12,000 signups to the12status program, 500 miles will be awarded
- New members to the SkyMiles program would pick up a 1,200 miles bonus
- At away games, members have access to free merchandise at airport terminals
- From September 8 and for the duration of the football season, members would enjoy priority boarding on flights out of SEA
- Surprise Upgrades to the Delta Sky360° at CenturyLink Field
The Results Are In
Delta has announced the mid-season results of their 12status promotion, and the results are in — Delta has provided a handy infographic.
- Nearly 27,445 people have registered for the promotion
- Seattle Seahawks threw 2,158 yards at home games this season
- So far, Delta has awarded 55,159,275 SkyMiles to Seahawk fans
For the guys who joined the promotion as well as the SkyMiles program at the same time, they have earned 4,358 miles so far this season. The earning breaks down as follows:
- 1,200 miles for joining SkyMiles
- 2,158 miles for the yards passed at home games
- 1,000 miles for the 24,000 members—500 per 12,000 members bonus
This has been an easy opportunity to earn some SkyMiles for Washington state residents, with minimum to no effort. While the Seahawks ride has ended, hopefully, the earned miles will help a few folks reach those trips they have been planning.
Source: The Points Guy/JT Genter
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.