AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Unfortunately, Delta is infamously vague about its award pricing levels, and no longer offers a straightforward award chart, making it harder to assess just how much you’re saving in this flash sale. Our research, however, suggests that these flights (depending on your exact destination) start at around 70,000 to 80,000 miles roundtrip in economy class. If you manage to get one of those 49,000-mile awards, you’ll be saving at least 21,000 miles roundtrip.
What is Included?
Delta hasn’t been entirely transparent in this flash sale either. It has not, for example, made clear which US cities qualify for the promotion, and it has only provided a partial list of the qualifying destination cities in Asia. Of the pairs of cities and sample dates, we tested, very few seemed to be included in the sale.
With that said, if you’re planning to travel to Asia during the dates covered by the flash sale, it’s worth checking out. You may get lucky and discover that your route is included.
What We Know
Here’s what we do know about this sale:
- Flights must be booked on Delta.com to qualify.
- The deadline for booking flights in this flash sale is 11:59 PM Eastern on December 14, 2016.
- Qualifying flights must take place between January 10, 2017, and March 3, 2017.
- Blackout dates are: China to the United States: January 10-29, 2017 and the United States to China: February 3-18, 2017
- Tickets booked in this promotion are not refundable.
- As usual, taxes and fees are not included in the award booking and may cost up to $93.43 roundtrip.
Which Destinations Are Included?
The destination countries and locations that Delta has confirmed are part of the sale are as follows:
- China: Beijing & Shanghai
- Hong Kong
- Japan: Tokyo/Narita, Tokyo/Haneda & Nagoya
- Philippines: Manila
- Taiwan: Taipei
To book the deal, start at Delta’s Flash Sale promotion page. Remember to book online, as phone bookings don’t qualify for this flash sale.
If you’ve taken advantage of this sale, we (and our readers) would love to hear about it — especially your departure city, which will help give a better sense of the scope of this sale.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.