AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. AwardWallet is an American Express, Citi, Chase, and CreditCards.com advertising partner. This content is not provided by any bank advertiser. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of the issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer. Here's our complete Advertiser Policy.
Points earned in the Hilton HHonors program expire in an account with no eligible activity in a 12-month period. To ensure you know about any points potentially expiring, add your Hilton HHonors accounts to your AwardWallet profile.
How To Prevent Hilton HHonors Points from Expiring
TO keep your Hilton HHonors points from expiring you need to have some form of eligible activity which includes:
- Staying at a Hilton property on a points-earning eligible rate
- Use a co-branded Hilton HHonors credit card to earn points.
- Participate in the Hilton Dining Program and have a qualifying dine
- Shop online through the Hilton HHonors Shopping Portal
- Transfer of points into a Hilton HHonors account from an external program, such as American Express Membership Rewards or Citi ThankYou Points
- Purchase Points ($10 for 1,000 points)
Like most hotel programs, you can expect your Hilton HHonors points to expire when an account is dormant or doesn’t otherwise have some form of eligible activity to consider the account active.
Which Credit Cards Can You Use to Keep Your Account Active?
There are four Hilton co-branded credit cards; two with Citibank and two with American Express that you can use to keep your Hilton HHonors account active. They include:
- Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Visa Signature® Card
- Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card
- Hilton HHonors™ Card from American Express
- Hilton HHonors™ Surpass® Card from American Express
Keeping An Account Active is Easy
Maintaining a hotel rewards account active is quite easy. You don’t need to stay at a Hilton to keep your account active – just be sure you review all the options before you let your points expire. Conveniently, there are plenty of options available, most of which will cost you little to nothing in price, time or effort.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.