AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Southwest Airlines is running two nice promotions. One offers 5,000 bonus points after you fly 4 segments, and the other is for a promotional Companion Pass after booking two round-trip flights through a business account. But, if you want the Companion Pass, you'll have to act fast as you need to take two round-trip flights before the end of February.
Earn 5,000 Bonus Southwest Points
This is a really simple Southwest promotion. It's similar to the one Alaska is offering to new members, but this one isn't limited to new members. With that said, this Southwest promotion seems to be targeted as not everyone is seeing it in their account.
- First, you need to register for this promotion.
- Book and fly four one-way flights or two round-trip flights before May 31, 2021.
- A qualifying one-way flight for this promotion is a one-way revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections on Southwest Airlines.
- Receive 5,000 bonus Southwest Rapid Rewards points.
Earn a Promotional Southwest Companion Pass
This is a much better deal than the 5,000 bonus points, but there are some notable restrictions. Most importantly, you need to book through “your company's travel program”. Then, you only have the month of February to complete two round-trip flights to qualify. Also, like the first promotion, this deal may be targeted for certain members.
- Register for this promotion before booking your first flight.
- Book through your company's travel program and complete two round-trip flights before February 28, 2021.
- Receive a free Companion Pass after you complete your two round-trip flights.
- The Companion Pass is valid between March 1 and June 30, 2021.
- Flights using the Companion Pass must be booked after March 1, 2021.
- Your companion will still need to pay the taxes and fees for each flight (minimally $5.60).
Please note that, unlike the 5,000 bonus points deal, you need to fly two round-trip flights. Four individual segments won't qualify for this deal.
Terms and Conditions
- You must be registered with Southwest Rapid Rewards and use your membership number at the time of booking.
- Only revenue-based round-trip flights are valid for this promotion.
- Already booked flights are not eligible for this promotion.
- Award flights using Rapid Rewards points are not eligible for this promotion.
- Charter flights, group travel, and Southwest vacation packages do not qualify for this promotion.
- Changes made to the itinerary after purchase could eliminate your qualification for the promotion.
- You will not receive any points or benefits from your companion using their Companion Pass.
- You can change your designated companion three times in one calendar year. If you earn another Companion Pass after the end of this promotion for 2021 and have already changed your companion, the changes will be deducted from the number of changes you get with your subsequent pass in 2021.
These are two great deals to take advantage of. Although the Companion Pass is the far better deal, you must be able to book through a company travel program. If you've been dreaming of a couple of vacations before summer, or have some necessary business trips to make, definitely register for these deals.
If you don't have a business account or two round-trip flights you can take in February, check out our easy way to get a Southwest Pompanion Pass in 2021.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.