AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
American Airlines AAdvantage just lifted the lid on a fantastic bonus offer for transatlantic flights this fall. For flights booked and flown between September 9 and December 11, 2016, AA members can earn up to 30,000 bonus AAdvantage miles on round-trip fares to Europe. The offer is valid for flights flown on American and oneworld® partners British Airways, Finnair, and Iberia, as long as miles are credited to AAdvantage.
The offer is valid for flights flown on American and oneworld® partners British Airways, Finnair, and Iberia, as long as miles are credited to AAdvantage.
Registration is required before travel and is open from now through December 11, 2016. To register, head over to www.aa.com/offers and enter promo code NAF16. You’ll earn bonus miles on up to two round-trip transatlantic fares, earning half the allocated bonus for one-way flights, up to a maximum of 30,000 AA miles.
First and business class tickets land the biggest bonus, but it’s awesome to see points being allocated all the way down to discount economy tickets, which are typically left out of these promos. You can see the earning structure in the table below.
There are few things to note for this promotion:
- You must buy a qualifying First, Business or select Economy Class fare ticket
- Bonus miles will be awarded based on the particular booking class purchased
- Can only be earned for a maximum of two round trips
- Bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification or AAdvantage® Million Miler status
- Register and fly September 9, 2016 – December 11, 2016, with code NAF16
Which flights are eligible for bonus miles?
Unfortunately, only fares purchased after September 9, 2016, qualify, which means you’re out of luck if you bought tickets to fly the same period before September 9. All mileage-earning fares look to earn bonus points, with the size of the bonus awarded based on the particular fare class purchased, below are the fare classes from AA’s website.
- First Class and Business Class fares booked in F, A, P, J, R, D or I; Full-fare Economy Class fares booked in Y; other Economy Class fares booked in H, K, M, L, W, V, G, Q, N, O or S on American Airlines marketed flights
- First Class or Club World (Business Class) fares booked in F, A, J, R, C, D or I; World Traveller Plus (Premium Economy) booked in W, E or T; Full-fare World Traveller (full-fare Economy) booked in Y or B; other Economy Class fares booked in H, K, L, M, V, G, Q, N, O or S on British Airways marketed flights
- Business Class fares booked in C, D, I or J; Full-fare Economy Class fares booked in Y, B or H; other Economy Class fares booked in A, K, L, M, P, V, G, N, O, Q, R, S, T, W or Z on Finnair marketed flights;
- Business Class fares booked in J, R, C, D, or I; Full-fare Economy Class fares booked in Y or B; other Economy Class fares booked in H, K, L, M, V, A, G, N, O, P, Q or S on Iberia marketed flights.
- Biz Bed (Business Class) fares booked in J, R, C, D, or I; Prem Plus fares booked in W, E, T; Full-fare Economy Class fares booked in Y or B; other Economy Class fares booked in H, K, L, M, V, G, Q, N, O or S on OpenSkies operated as British Airways flights.
Considering the recent move by American to a revenue-based rewards program, it’s great to see them rolling out a promo that awards a flat amount of bonus miles, which includes everyone. Sure, you'll get more if you buy a higher fare class, but everyone gets something in this case at least!
Given some of the great business class fares of late we've seen with oneworld® partners like British Airways, it's an added bonus that they're all included as well. It’s worth registering for this one to ensure that any flights you take to Europe on American or its partners during the promotion earn bonus miles.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.