AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the JetBlue Plus Card and JetBlue Business Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
Update: JetBlue rolled out entirely new Mosaic elite status tiers and earning methods for 2023. The post below highlights what JetBlue did for Mosaic elite status in 2022.
JetBlue TrueBlue will have two elite status tiers in 2022. While the program has long had just one tier (Mosaic), there will be a new elite status level above this in 2022 called Mosaic+. What does it offer to flyers, and how do you earn it? Here's a look.
JetBlue Mosaic+ Benefits
- Mint upgrade certificates on all routes except to London. Certificates cannot be used to upgrade into Mint Studio.
- FoundersCard Elite membership
Plus a bunch of perks available to both Mosaic and Mosaic+ elites on JetBlue flights:
- 3X bonus points
- Free same-day flight changes
- First two checked bags free
- Complimentary wine, beer, and liquor
- Redeem points for the Mint Studio
- Early boarding
- Expedited security (in select airports)
- Dedicated Mosaic customer service line
How JetBlue Mosaic+ Upgrades Work
Of these perks, the upgrades to Mint are likely to be the most exciting. Here are the terms of this Mosaic+ benefit:
- Up to 2 passengers on a reservation are eligible for upgrades, but the Mosaic+ passenger must be on the reservation (i.e., you can't gift these to others)
- Tickets must be booked 96+ hours before departure to qualify for upgrades.
- All JetBlue economy fares qualify for Mint upgrade certificates, including Blue Basic (JetBlue's version of basic economy tickets).
- Upgrade certificates are applied automatically after your reservation is confirmed.
- If you don't want to use the certificates but prefer to save them for another trip, you can remove them from your booking later on.
- Upgrades clear 24 hours before departure.
- Upgrades are prioritized by booking date.
- Passengers whose upgrades don't clear will keep their original seat assignments.
How to Earn Mosaic+ Status in 2022
There are two ways to qualify for Mosaic+ elite status:
- Earn 45,000 JetBlue base points — base points are earned at 3 per $1 (or 1 per $1 for Blue Basic) on all JetBlue flights. For non-Blue Basic bookings, you need to spend $15,000 to earn the required 45,000 base points.
- Spend $150,000 on the JetBlue Plus Card or the JetBlue Business Card.
The first option obviously requires significantly less spending. You only need to spend 10% of the second option. However, earning through flying does require a lot of hours sitting on JetBlue planes. Those who put significant spend on a credit card but don't have as much time to fly may like the second option.
To read more about earning status, consult our guide to JetBlue TrueBlue.
Quirks of Mosaic+ in 2022
Remember that JetBlue Mosaic (and presumably Mosaic+) status ends on December 31 of each year. Thus, your Mint upgrade certificates will end on that day, as well. Since this status starts in 2022, you'll only be able to start earning JetBlue Mosaic+ status after January 5, 2022. You will have to use the certificates by December 31, 2022.
Even if you earn JetBlue Mosaic+ status in October or November 2022, the certificates will still expire December 31, 2022. So, the time you have in which to use the upgrades will be pretty short.
Additionally, JetBlue hasn't clarified whether Mosaic+ will stick around into 2023. Make sure you take that into consideration if you pursue this status tier.
New Perks for Traditional Mosaic Status
Along with the introduction of Mosaic+, JetBlue Mosaic elites get three new benefits for 2022:
- 100% rebate on Even More Space redemptions using your TrueBlue points
- Complimentary FoundersCard membership
- Complimentary upgrade to “Business First” for bookings on the Heathrow Express train in London
Full details of all Mosaic perks can be are here.
JetBlue has a new elite status level in 2022 called Mosaic+ — which is a level above Mosaic and requires significantly more spending to attain. JetBlue has revealed a slate of perks for this new status level, including upgrade certificates for Mint seats. Benefits may evolve, so we'll see what happens. Given the amount of spending required to achieve JetBlue Mosaic+ status, it may be out of reach for many people.
Do you plan to pursue JetBlue Mosaic+ status in 2022?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.