AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card and Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
One of the big changes unveiled during the Hilton Honors program relaunch was Hilton Honors points pooling, which allows friends and family to transfer their points into one account for an award redemption. The system is relatively straightforward with only a few terms and conditions:
- You can send 500,000 points per calendar year
- You can receive 2,000,000 points per calendar year
- Points are transferred in 1,000 point increments
- You can receive points from up to 10 members
- There are no fees for pooling the points
- Status cannot be pooled
- Pooling points does not count as a qualified account activity to stop your points from expiring, for either the sender or the recipient
To qualify for points pooling you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a Hilton Honors member for 30 days
- You must be an active member
- You must have a minimum of 1,000 points
Once transfers have been initiated, it can take up to 24 hours for the points to post to the other account.
Multiple Earners and One Redeemer
Now that Hilton has opened the option for pooling, it's a great opportunity for families and friends to maximize their value by pooling their points. The fastest way to amass a healthy balance of points is through Hilton's co-brand American Express credit cards.
There are four Hilton credit cards from Amex and all of the points can be pooled.
- Hilton Honors American Express Card – Earn 80,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $1,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors American Express Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, earn an additional 50,000 bonus points after you spend a total of $5,000 in purchases in the first 6 months.
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card – Earn up to 180,000 bonus points. You'll receive 130,000 Bonus Points after you spend $2,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, you can earn an additional 50,000 Points after you spend a total of $10,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 6 months.
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card – Earn 150,000 Bonus Points after you use your new Card to make $4,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, enjoy a free Weekend Night Reward within your first year and every year after renewal.
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card – Earn up to 180,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points. Earn 130,000 Bonus Points after you spend $2,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors Business Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, you can earn an additional 50,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend a total of $10,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 6 months.
Steps to Setup Hilton Honors Points Pooling
1. Send a Pooling Request
Visit the Hilton Honors Pool Points request page and enter the name and email address of someone with whom you'd like to pool points.
2. Review the Request Receipt in your email
You'll receive a receipt of the email request with a list of names you've requested to pool points
3. Alert the Recipient to the Pooling Request
The recipient will receive a similar email.
4. Initiate the Transfer
After they click on “pool your points,” they'll be prompted to log into their Hilton Honors account and will be directed to the Pool Points page with your name and email address listed as the recipient of the transfer. Select the number of points, and the transfer request is initiated.
We think this is one of the best features released across any award program in recent times and it's great to see Hilton thinking outside the mainstream box. If you have plans to pool your Hilton points we'd love to hear how the process rolls out for you in the comments.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.