AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
The Android Pay with RadPad promotion has prematurely ended, but there’s another great option to help you earn points by paying your rent or mortgage with your MasterCard. If you signed up for RadPad before August 24, 2016, you’ll still be able to charge a month of rent on your credit card for free, as long as it posts before Wednesday, August 31, 2016. Any rent payments after that will incur the regular RadPad fees of $4.95 if using a debit card, and 2.99% for using credit cards.
The good news is, for everything else, like locking in a super-low rate for your rent or mortgage payments, there’s MasterCard. Plastiq is offering a discounted fee of 1.75% if you schedule 6 or more rent or mortgage transactions with your MasterCard by September 30, 2016. A nice .25% discount, considering the fee you'll typically pay with MasterCard is 2%.
What is Plastiq?
Plastiq allows you to make payments for any bill with your credit or debit cards. It provides a great way to earn rewards for things you usually wouldn’t use a credit card for, such as paying rent or utilities. If don’t have am account yet, Plastiq sign up is free.
How Can I Take Advantage of This Offer?
It’s easy to lock in the rate by:
- Scheduling 6 or more rent or mortgage payments with Plastiq. You can schedule the payments as far in advance as you need to.
- Use your preferred MasterCard for these payments.
- Schedule payments prior to September 30, 2016, at 11:59 pm Pacific Time.
Things to Keep in Mind
- If you registered for the Android Pay RadPad promotion before August 24, 2016 you’ll still be able to charge a month of rent on your credit card, as long as it’s charged before August 31, 2016.
- You need to schedule 6 or more mortgage or rent payments with your MasterCard to qualify for the 1.75% rate with Plastiq.
- All payments must be scheduled by September 30, 2016, to get the 1.75% rate.
- The reduced rate will apply toward all payments scheduled in the future, even payments after September 30.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.