AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
When it comes to getting a ride, Uber has certainly been a disruptive force, providing convenience at a price better than a car service or a city taxi. One of the more frequent requests with Uber has been to schedule a pickup for the future. While it's certainly great to have a ride at 1:15 pm from your home to the airport, what about when you need a ride at 4 am, and the number of drivers is few and far between — will you get your Uber?
Whether 30 minutes or up to 30 days in the future, Uber will give you the option to schedule your trip ahead of time. While scheduled rides are currently only available in Seattle, Uber is planning on a gradual global launch. You can be one of the first to know when this program becomes available in your city when you sign up for early access.
How Do I Schedule Uber in Advance?
- Select uberX. Click or tap “Schedule a Ride”.
- Enter the date, time, location and destination of your trip for a fare estimate.
- Confirm your ride and tap “Schedule uberX”. You can change or cancel anytime before your scheduled pickup.
- You’ll receive a reminder 24 hours and again 30 minutes before your trip. You’ll also get a notification when your ride is on the way and if surge pricing will apply.
Important Details About Uber’s Scheduled Rides
- Scheduled Rides have the same pricing as a typical uberX ride and may incur surge pricing.
- Scheduled Rides are currently only available with uberX but may become available with other services in the future.
- If you need to cancel, you can do so anytime before the driver heads your way, and up until 5 minutes after the driver has been dispatched without being charged a cancellation fee.
Talk about “set it and forget it!” Uber has found the best of both worlds by bringing the ease and convenience of scheduling a last-minute ride to arranging an advance pickup.
Uber has answered passengers’ requests to have a ride available ahead of time. We hope that soon enough this trial will be expanded throughout the country and world.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.