AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Singapore Kris Flyer has announced new routes for its popular Spontaneous Escapes promotion. If you book by February 29, 2020, you can receive a 30% discount on Singapore Kris Flyer awards to select destinations around the world. The highlight this month is a 30% discount on flights between Singapore and San Francisco.
- The promotion is valid for bookings made before February 29, 2020.
- Travel dates for the promotion are from March 1 to March 31, 2020.
- Receive a 30% discount on awards with Singapore Airlines and Silk Air.
- The promotion is valid for economy, premium economy, and business-class redemptions.
- Blackout dates apply on some routes.
There are dozens of discounted routes available, including destinations in every region except South America, so be sure to check out the full promotion here. We've highlighted a few of our favorites below. Travel can be in either direction unless otherwise noted.
- Singapore – San Francisco for 26,600 miles in economy and 66,500 in business.
- Singapore – London for 26,600 miles in economy.
- Singapore – Zurich for 26,600 miles in economy and 64,400 in business.
- Singapore – Dubai for 17,500 miles in economy and 34,400 in business.
- Singapore – Johannesburg for 17,500 miles in economy and 34,400 in business.
- Singapore – Sydney for 19,600 miles in economy and 43,400 in business.
- Singapore – Brisbane for 19,600 miles in economy and 43,400 in business.
- Singapore – Seoul for 17,500 miles in economy and 32,900 in business.
If you don’t have enough KrisFlyer miles to book an award, you can transfer points from any of the major bank programs or Marriott Bonvoy. While transfers post instantly to many partner programs, Singapore is a notable exception. Fortunately, thanks to your fellow AwardWallet members and our Balance Watch feature, we have a reliable record of the typical Singapore transfer times.
If you aren't familiar with the partners for each of the transferrable currencies, you can find detailed guides here:
- Chase Ultimate Rewards
- American Express Membership Rewards
- Citi ThankYou Rewards
- Capital One Rewards
- Marriott Bonvoy
A Note of Caution
Due to the recent outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), Singapore has travel restrictions in place for anyone who isn't a Singaporean-citizen or long-term resident. You will be denied entry to Singapore if you have been to China in the 14 days prior to arrival. This ban applies regardless of where your inbound flight originates.
Without a doubt, the standout route for U.S. travelers is between Singapore and San Francisco in business class for 66,500 miles. If you can make this work on short notice, you can save a bundle of miles. Have you booked a Spontaneous Escape? Let us know in the comments.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.