AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Check your email! Southwest Airlines sent out an email to select Rapid Rewards members offering free A-List elite status until June 30, 2021.
To check if you're targeted, look for an email with the subject “[Name], A-List Status is all yours”. Or, you can visit the promotion page and enter in your name and account number to check if you've been targeted for free Southwest elite status. The promotion does say that it's only for members that received the email, but it doesn't hurt to check.
Promotional Southwest A-List Status
Targeted Southwest Airlines members who receive this email will get the following benefits until June 30, 2021:
- Priority boarding for everyone on your reservation
- Priority boarding will be given to members 36 hours before their flight. Members still need to check in within 24 hours of the flight, and the flight can't be booked within 36 hours.
- 25% points bonus on qualified flights
- Same-day standby
- A-List members get stand-by benefits free of airline charges, but still need to pay the government taxes and fees associated with the change in their itinerary.
- Stand-by is only available on the same day on an earlier flight with the same flight path as the one booked by the passenger, where a seat is available.
- Stand-by privileges for A-List members will not apply to a companion pass passenger unless the passenger also has A-List status.
- Priority check-in and security lane access
- For a complete list of available Fly By locations, visit Southwest.com/flyby.
Normally, you need to fly 25 flight segments or earn 35,000 tier qualifying points in a calendar year to receive A-List status. In 2021, all Rapid Rewards members have gotten a boost of 15,000 tier qualifying points and 10 qualifying flights. So, you only need to actually earn 20,000 tier qualifying points or fly 15 qualifying flights to get A-List status:
Terms and Conditions
- You must register through the email and receive confirmation of your A-List status before making your first booking.
- Confirmation typically takes 72 hours after registering.
This is a great opportunity for some Southwest Rapid Rewards members. If you've received the email, you will need to fill in your name and account number via the link in the email to register. Your A-list benefits will be applied to all flights until June 30, 2021. If you haven't received the email in your inbox, make sure to check your spam or junk folder to see if it ended up in there.
If you're not already a Southwest Rapid Rewards member, you can sign up today. If you're eligible (although they don't say what the eligibility requirements are), you'll receive an email giving you A-List status.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.