AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the JetBlue Plus Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
For the next few days, JetBlue is offering TrueBlue members a great reason to finally use your points. When you book an award flight using TrueBlue points by November 14, 2016, you’ll receive 15% of those points back.
How to Take Advantage of This Promotion
- Register for the promotion before booking your award flight. (Simply registering for TrueBlue isn’t enough. You need to register for this promotion specifically.)
- Book your award flight using your TrueBlue points before the end of November 14, 2016 (JetBlue is a little bit complicated about the cutoff time in this promotion: it’s the end of November 14 by either your local time or Eastern Time, whichever is earlier.)
- Complete the flight in question between November 10, 2016, and January 14, 2017
When you book your flight, it will cost the standard number of points upfront; the 15% points back isn’t applied as an immediate discount. Instead, you’ll receive a deposit of your points 4 to 6 weeks after the end of the promotion.
Why You Should Register & Do It Now
Because you need to register specifically for the promotion, you may as well do so now if you’re considering booking an award flight through JetBlue in the next few days (otherwise you risk failing to remember to register before you book your flight.) There are no blackout dates for this promotion, so it’s worth considering for holiday travel. Keep in mind, however, that JetBlue’s points fares are linked to its dollar fares (rather than determined by distance or region, for example), so expensive holiday flights will still cost quite a few TrueBlue points. 15% back will help take out the sting.
Bonus If You've Got a JetBlue Credit Card
If you're a cardholder of the JetBlue Plus Card you already get 10% of the redeemed TrueBlue points back when booking award flights on JetBlue, so this deal is even sweeter if you’re among that group; between the card and the promotion, you’ll receive 25% of your points back.
Here are some sample flights we found to give you a sense of how this deal might apply:
- New York City (JFK) to Fort Lauderdale, round trip, December 29, 2016, to January 5, 2017
- Cash cost: $332.56
- Full points cost: 22,200 (plus $11.20)
- After 15% points back: 18,870 (plus $11.20)
- After 25% points back (for Jetblue Plus cardholders): 16,650 (plus $11.20)
- San Francisco to Austin, round trip, November 21 to November 30
- Cash cost: $576.20
- Full points cost: 39,500 (plus $11.20)
- After 15% points back: 33,575 (plus $11.20)
- After 25% points back (for Jetblue Plus cardholders): 29,265 (plus $11.20)
- Boston to Long Beach, round trip, December 8 to December 13
- Cash cost: $278.20
- Full points cost: 18,600 (plus $11.20)
- After 15% points back: 15,810 (plus $11.20)
- After 25% points back (for Jetblue Plus cardholders): 13,950 (plus $11.20)
Worth It? Yes.
If JetBlue is your airline of choice, this is an excellent opportunity to get even more value from your hard-earned rewards. It'll go nicely with your even more speed, even more legroom, even more space, and hopefully even more delicious snacks on their flight.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.