AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles launched its end-of-year award promotion. This offer gives you a 30% discount on various awards from select destinations across the world. Bookings with the promotion must be made by December 25, 2022. However, the offer is valid for travel through May 31, 2023.
- Receive a 30% discount on awards booking from select destinations.
- Reservations must be made by December 25, 2022.
- The promotion is valid for travel through May 31, 2023.
- The offer applies to flights from specific destinations to the rest of the route network.
- Local domestic destinations in Turkey are also participating.
- The promotion applies to business class and economy class travel.
- You can book one-way or round-trip fares with the prometon.
- Changes are only allowed for the same routes with the ticketing and travel dates.
- Promotional tickets are bookable online via a sales office or call center.
- The offer is only valid on Turkish Airlines-operated flights.
Turkish Airlines Award Discount Eligible Cities
The official list of eligible cities in which your flight has to originate is large, but it does not feature any destinations in the Americas or the Caribbean. Participating destinations include:
With that said, other routes that aren't on the official list are still being discounted — like awards from Seattle that we wrote about in a separate post. So, it's worth checking other routes just in case they're also discounted.
Turkish Airlines Award Discount Examples
Although no North American destinations officially participate in the promotion, you can still travel to the U.S. using the promotion. As long as your journey starts at a participating destination, you can travel to the U.S. and still benefit from the 30% discount. Looking at the Turkish Airlines award chart, several sweet spots stand out. Bear in mind for every route you will connect in Istanbul.
Europe to the U.S.
Saver awards from Europe 2 to the US will set you back 30,000 miles one way in economy or 45,000 miles in business class, plus taxes and fees. Several major European destinations are included in the promo.
For instance, with the promotion, you can fly from Madrid, Vienna, Rome, or Luxembourg to Los Angeles LAX in one-way business class for 21,000 miles plus taxes and fees in economy or just 31,500 miles in business class.
Middle East To the U.S.
There are also some good deals to be had from the Middle East — including Tel Aviv, Doha, Amman, and Bahrain. Typical one-way awards in business class will set you back 32,000 miles in economy plus taxes and fees or 47,000 miles in business class.
For instance, promotional one-way awards from Tel Aviv to New York (JFK) in business class will set you back 22,400 miles in economy or 32,900 miles in business class — which is a superb value.
Boosting Your Turkish Miles & Smiles Balance
You have options if you need to boost your Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles balance. The program is a partner with several flexible points currencies. You can transfer all of the following currencies to Miles & Smiles miles:
- Citi ThankYou points transfer to Miles & Smiles at a ratio of 1:1.
- Capital One Miles transfer to Miles & Smiles at a ratio of 1:1.
- Marriott Bonvoy points transfer to Miles & Smiles at a ratio of 3:1.
- Bilt Rewards is also a 1:1 transfer partner.
Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles is an often overlooked program. However, it does have some excellent redemption options and is a star alliance member. A 30% discount is substantial, and the list of participating destinations is long. Couple that with long travel and booking windows and this promotion is worth a closer look.
If this promotion dovetails with your upcoming travel plans, then locking in some award at a 30% discount can be very lucrative!
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.