AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Chase recently launched a phenomenal new offer on the United℠ Business Card, providing new cardmembers the opportunity to earn up to 150,000 bonus miles—equal to the highest bonus ever offered on this card!
Including the minimum 20,000 miles earned while meeting the minimum spend, you’ll walk away with at least 170,000 United miles. Those miles are worth ~$2,550 if you use a conservative value of just 1.5¢ per United mile. That's a return of nearly 13% on the $20,000 spent to earn 170K miles, an excellent return on your business expenses.
The new bonus is a tiered offer: 75,000 miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months, plus an additional 75,000 miles after you spend $20,000 total in the first 6 months. That's a spending requirement of just under $780 per week—an achievable spend for many small businesses.
- Earn up to 150,000 bonus miles. Earn 75,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, earn an additional 75,000 miles after you spend $20,000 total on purchases in the first 6 months your account is open.
- Receive a 5,000-mile "better together" bonus each anniversary when you have both the United℠ Business Card and a personal Chase United® credit card.
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on United® purchases, dining including eligible delivery services, at gas stations, office supply stores, and on local transit and commuting.
- Earn 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases. Plus, employee cards at no additional cost - miles earned from their purchases accrue in your account so you can earn rewards faster.
- Enjoy a free first checked bag - a savings of up to $140 per roundtrip (terms apply), 2 United Club℠ one-time passes per year, and priority boarding privileges.
- Get one-year complimentary DashPass, a membership for both DoorDash and Caviar that provides unlimited deliveries with $0 delivery fees and lower service fees on eligible orders. After that, you are automatically enrolled in DashPass at the current monthly rate. Activate by 12/31/24.
- $100 United® travel credit after 7 United® flight purchases of $100 or more each anniversary year.
- 2x on United® purchases
- 2x on local transit and commuting- including train tickets, taxicabs, mass transit, tolls and ride share services
- 2x at gas stations, restaurants and office supply stores
- 1x on all other purchases
Best Ways to Redeem 170,000 United MileagePlus Miles
With a treasure chest of 170,000 United miles at the ready, there aren't many places on earth that are out of your reach. You can redeem United miles for flights on any of the 26 Star Alliance airlines. Plus, United has more than a dozen separate direct airline partnerships — including Are Lingus, Eurowings, Hawaiian Airlines, and Edelweiss.
Another perk of United miles: United doesn’t pass on carrier-imposed fuel surcharges. So, although some award rates may be higher compared to other programs, you won’t incur exorbitant fuel surcharges on award flights either. That can save you hundreds of dollars per award flight. Some of our favorite United MileagePlus redemptions include:
- United Polaris business class to Europe starting at 60k miles each way
- Lufthansa First Class to Europe for as few as 121k miles each way
- United Polaris business class to Asia from 70k miles each way
- ANA First Class to Japan from 121k miles each way
- United Polaris business class to Australia or New Zealand from 80k miles each way
- Plus you can effectively get a free stopover in your destination region through the United Excursionist Perk
United’s move to dynamic award pricing in November 2019 is having an impact on redemption values, particularly for premium cabin awards. Keep in mind that the dynamic award pricing is limited to flights operated by United. Partner flights continue to price at set levels — although these are around 10% higher than before.
Unfortunately, even Chase business cards are subject to Chase’s 5/24 policy. That policy restricts approvals to applicants with fewer than five new credit cards opened in the 24 months leading up to your application. If you’ve opened five or more new personal cards in the past two years, you very likely won’t get approved for this card.
Additionally, Chase restricts your ability to get the signup bonus on this card if you already hold the card, or you’ve received a bonus on it in the previous 24 months:
This new Cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current Cardmembers of this business credit card, or (ii) previous Cardmembers of this business credit card who received a new Cardmember bonus for this business credit card within the past 24 months.
Although the United Business Card is subject to 5/24, it won't report to your personal credit file. That's because Chase business cards aren't reported to your personal credit report. So, applying for the card won’t add to your 5/24 count if you are saving yourself for more Chase cards in the future.
Not sure if you qualify for a business card? Read our in-depth guide on how to get a business rewards card. Even if you only operate a part-time side hustle, you might qualify.
Boost Your United Mileage Balance with Chase Ultimate Rewards Points
Another reason MileagePlus is so popular is how easy it is to accumulate a massive balance of miles in a short space of time. In addition to collecting miles on the United co-brand cards, you can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to MileagePlus at a 1:1 ratio. That opens up earning opportunities on a much wider array of bonus categories and business expenses.
Chase offers a full suite of Ultimate Rewards earning business cards — including the no annual fee Ink Business Cash® Credit Card and Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card, and the card we consider the best all-round small business rewards card, the Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
If you have an Ink Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve®, or Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, you can transfer Ultimate Rewards points earned across the entire lineup of consumer and business Ultimate Rewards cards to transfer partners — including United MileagePlus.
- Earn 100k bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 cash back or $1,250 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year. Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases
- With Fraud Protection your card transactions will be monitored for possible signs of fraudulent activity using real-time fraud monitoring
- With Zero Liability you won't be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your card or account information
- Redeem points for cash back, gift cards, travel and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Purchase Protection covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account.
- 3X points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases on travel, shipping purchases, Internet, cable and phone services, advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines each account anniversary year
- 1X point per $1 on all other purchases
A bonus of up to 150,000 miles on the United Business Card has the potential to fly you almost anywhere in the world in comfort and style, providing a great opportunity for business owners to turn everyday business expenses into luxury travel experiences. If you own or operate a small business, now’s a great time to apply for the United Business Card.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.