AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
This month, MileagePlus members can earn up to 10X United miles on cruise bookings — up to a maximum of 60,000 United miles. However, you'll need to be a United cardholder to earn the top benefits. Here are the details of this promotion and how to maximize your earnings from booking a cruise.
What is United Cruises?
Similar to Delta Cruises, United Cruises is one of the many airline and hotel loyalty platforms that allows you to earn rewards miles on cruises. These platforms are generally powered by World Travel Holdings — which hosts platforms that offer cruises from 21 cruise providers, including all the major lines. And sometimes you can score quite a deal on these bookings.
Remember that there are pros and cons to using any third-party booking platform. In this case, a pro to using United Cruises is earning bonus miles on your cruises.
Normally, standard MileagePlus members earn 2 miles per dollar on any stateroom category booking and 4 miles per dollar on balcony and suite bookings. Even better, United cardholders receive 4 miles per dollar on standard staterooms and 7 miles per dollar on balcony and suite bookings.
But you can earn even more United miles during this promotion.
Up to 10X United Miles on Cruises Promotion
Through April 30, 2023, United MileagePlus members can earn up to 10 miles per dollar spent when booking a balcony or suite through United Cruises. To be eligible, your cruise must depart before December 31, 2024.
If you're not a United cardholder, you'll earn 6X miles instead of the usual 4X — up to a limit of 45,000 United miles.
United cardholders will earn 10X miles instead of the usual 7X — up to a limit of 60,000 United miles:
Standard stateroom category bookings are not eligible for this promotion. Non-cardholders and cardholders alike will earn 2X and 4X miles, respectively, when booking staterooms.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Receive a 5,000-mile "better together" bonus each anniversary when you have both the United℠ Business Card and a personal Chase United® credit card.
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on United® purchases, dining including eligible delivery services, at gas stations, office supply stores, and on local transit and commuting.
- Earn 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases. Plus, employee cards at no additional cost - miles earned from their purchases accrue in your account so you can earn rewards faster.
- Enjoy a free first checked bag - a savings of up to $140 per roundtrip (terms apply), 2 United Club℠ one-time passes per year, and priority boarding privileges.
- $100 United® travel credit after 7 United flight purchases of $100 or more each anniversary year.
- Member FDIC
- 2x on United® purchases
- 2x on local transit and commuting- including train tickets, taxicabs, mass transit, tolls and ride share services
- 2x at gas stations, restaurants and office supply stores
- 1x on all other purchases
Terms and Conditions
- Travelers earn miles only on the base price of the cruise. Taxes and fees, port charges, and travel insurance do not earn United miles.
- United Cruises will post bonus miles to member accounts within 6-8 weeks after the cruise is completed.
Many MileagePlus members probably haven't considered booking cruises to earn bonus miles. The cost of cruises can add up significantly, with onboard purchases (even on all-inclusive cruises) matching the base price of the cruise itself. While you won't earn United miles on all of those expenses, at least you can earn some miles on the base price of the cruise.
Based on AwardWallet user redemptions, United miles provide an average of 1.78¢ per mile. That means a United cardholder can earn over $1,000 worth of miles when spending $6,000 on a balcony or suite during this promotion. You can redeem those 60,000 miles for a saver-level United Polaris business class award flight to Europe!
If you aren't a United credit cardholder yet, it's probably too late to sign up for one in time to take advantage of this promotion. However, you should still consider getting a United credit card to get access to hidden United award space.
- Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on dining, hotel stays, and United® purchases
- Up to $100 Global Entry, TSA PreCheck® or NEXUS fee credit
- 25% back as a statement credit on purchases of food, beverages and Wi-Fi on board United-operated flights and on Club premium drinks when you pay with your Explorer Card
- Free first checked bag - a savings of up to $140 per roundtrip. Terms Apply.
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club℠ with 2 one-time passes each year for your anniversary
- Member FDIC
- 2X miles per $1 spent on purchases from United®
- 2X miles per $1 spent at restaurants and on hotel stays
- 1X mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
Would you book a cruise through United Cruises to earn bonus miles?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.