AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
World of Hyatt is a beloved loyalty program for good reason. Its redemptions are some of the most reasonable, customer service is excellent, and solid perks and benefits combine to make World of Hyatt an all-around great program. Hyatt's partnership with Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH) launched in 2018, and the benefits just keep growing. Here's a closer look at each program and how you can benefit as a World of Hyatt member.
World of Hyatt
Hyatt operates just over 1,250 properties in 75 countries. While on the smaller side of hotel chains, those who love the World of Hyatt program REALLY love it. One of the few downsides, that even the most devoted World of Hyatt members will acknowledge, is Hyatt's smaller property footprint. Compared to giants like Marriott (with 8,500+ properties in an eye-popping 138 countries), the program is much smaller.
That said, Hyatt isn't working alone! Hyatt's partnership with SLH has grown steadily. In turn, this has greatly expanded your options for earning and redeeming Hyatt points at outstanding properties around the world.
Small Luxury Hotels of the World
SLH is a collection of over 500 independent boutique hotels in more than 80 countries. As the name implies – properties are generally small, with around 50 rooms on average. SLH properties are unique, as well; no two are quite the same. SLH guests can book stays on a private island in Nicaragua, a mountain chalet in Switzerland, or a converted Victorian mansion in Charleston, S.C.
SLH operates its own loyalty club, INVITED. Free to join, members get benefits on bookings made through SLH.com or the SLH Voice Channel (also known as over the phone with SLH). The three loyalty tiers — Intrigued, Inspired, and Indulged — offer a host of benefits. All members receive 10% off the best available rate, early check-in/late check-out, free Wi-Fi, and access to other offers and promotions. At the higher levels, benefits like complimentary breakfast and even cash vouchers for use during a stay are available.
You only need four qualifying nights to move up to the Inspired level. If you are booking through SLH, be sure to join INVITED prior to making a booking.
Hyatt & Small Luxury Hotels Partnership
World of Hyatt and SLH both have loyal followings, and their respective loyalty programs offer a lot of benefits. While the SLH and Hyatt loyalty programs don't have reciprocity, World of Hyatt members can find a lot of value in the partnership benefits. The expanded property footprint is one of the biggest perks. Members of Hyatt's loyalty program can earn and redeem World of Hyatt points at hundreds of participating SLH properties. The current and complete list of SLH hotels participating in the World of Hyatt partnership is here.
The World of Hyatt partnership with Small Luxury Hotels is fantastic for so many reasons. There's the expanded global footprint and access to one-of-a-kind properties. Another perk is that benefits are available to all World of Hyatt members — not just those with elite status. When staying at SLH properties, all World of Hyatt members enjoy the following:
- Five Base Points per eligible $1 spent
- Complimentary continental breakfast for two
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Early check-in at 12:00 p.m. (based on availability at check-in)
- Late check-out at 2:00 p.m. (based on availability at check-in)
- One category room upgrade (based on availability at check-in)
- Nights count toward elite tier status
- Four bonus points per eligible $1 USD spent at participating SLH locations if you pay with the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card or The World of Hyatt Credit Card.
- Finally, those with elite status receive their standard tier Bonus Points on eligible room rates (10% Discoverist, 20% Explorist, and 30% Globalist)
While there's a lot to love in this partnership, there are a few restrictions to keep in mind:
- Hyatt’s Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to participating Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
- Minimum length of stay requirements may apply at participating SLH properties at certain times.
- World of Hyatt points are for room rates only. Services like dining and spa are not eligible for points.
- Award Bookings at SLH properties are for two adults. Additional adults or children staying in the room may incur an additional fee by the property.
- Members who book a stay at Small Luxury Hotels properties through Hyatt aren't eligible for benefits of SLH’s own Invited loyalty program.
- Certain elite membership perks don't apply, such as suite upgrades.
For more information about the Small Luxury Hotels of the World / World of Hyatt partnership, visit worldofhyatt.com/slhterms
The last thing to know is that you must book your stay through Hyatt.com to earn and receive World of Hyatt membership benefits. Booking through third-party sites or even SLH will exclude you from any Hyatt earnings and benefits.
The ability to earn and use Hyatt points far and wide is great news. As more and more SLH properties join the partnership, World of Hyatt members can look forward to getting more value than ever before.
Have you stayed at a Small Luxury Hotels property?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.