AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
World of Hyatt is one of the most beloved loyalty programs among points and miles enthusiasts, and for good reason. Its redemptions are some of the most reasonable, customer service is unbeatable, the perks and benefits rock — and it's just an all-around great program.
But one of the biggest grievances has long been the smaller footprint of the chain. Compared to hospitality giants like Marriott with over 7,600 hotels and IHG with nearly 6,000 properties, Hyatt operates just over 1,000 hotels. Fortunately, the winds of change are blowing and Hyatt is adding more and more properties all the time.
Small Luxury Hotels of the World Partnership
First, some background. Not too long ago, Hyatt teamed up with Small Luxury Hotels of the World (nicknamed SLH). SLH is a collection of independent boutique hotels around the world. With this partnership, not only can you earn World of Hyatt points at participating SLH properties, but you can redeem them for free nights, as well.
Now, SLH is adding even more participating properties to the partnership. 32 more, in fact.
New World of Hyatt Small Luxury Hotels as of April 1, 2021
- Amani Boutique Hotel Zanzibar in Zanzibar, Tanzania – Category 5
- Canaves Oia Suites in Santorini, Greece – Category 8
- Culloden Estate and Spa in Belfast, United Kingdom – Category 4
- Donna Carmela Resort and Lodges in Carruba di Riposto, Sicily,Italy – Category 6
- Grove of Narberth in Narberth, United Kingdom – Category 5
- Homewood in Bath, United Kingdom – Category 5
- Hotel des Gouverneurs in Bastia, France – Category 5
- Hotel Excelsior in Dubrovnik, Croatia – Category 7
- Keswick Hall in Keswick, Virginia, United States – Category 6
- The Cellars-Hohenort in Capetown, South Africa – Category 4
- The Marine in Hermanus, South Africa – Category 4
- The Plettenberg in Plettenberg Bay, South Africa – Category 5
New Hyatt SLH Properties as of July 15, 2021
- Auberge de Cassagne Spa in Le Pontent Avignon, France – Category 6
- Bergwelt Grindelwald – Alpine Design Resort in Grindelwald, Switzerland – Category 6
- Breidenbacher Hof in Dusseldorf, Germany – Category 6
- Ca’ di Dio in Venice, Italy – Category 6 (opening August 1, 2021)
- Gaia Riverlodge in Cayo District, Belize – Category 6
- Hotel La Roya in Saint-Florent, France – Category 6
- Hotel Raphael in Paris, France – Category 6
- Itzana Resort & Residences in Placencia, Belize – Category 5
- La Torre del Canonigo in Ibiza, Spain – Category 6
- Les Bories in Gordes en Provence, France – Category 6
- Le Domaine d’Ablon in Ablon, France – Category 8
- L’Escale Resort Marina & Spa in Mahé, Seychelles – Category 8
- Matachica Resort & Spa in Ambergris Caye, Belize– Category 6
- M/Y Kontiki Wayra – Kontiki Expeditions in Manta, Ecuador – Earn Only (Available for booking starting August 8)
- The American Colony Hotel in Jerusalem, Israel – Category 6
- The Dunstane Houses in Edinburgh, United Kingdom – Category 5
- The Grady in Louisville, Kentucky, United States – Category 5
- Villa Soligo in Farra di Soligo, Trevosi, Italy – Category 3
- White Coast Pool Suites in Milos, Greece – Category 6
- Wilder Townhouse in Dublin, Ireland – Category 4
Benefits and Restrictions
The World of Hyatt partnership with Small Luxury Hotels is fantastic for so many reasons. One of the best aspects is the benefits available to all World of Hyatt members — not just those with elite status. When staying at SLH properties, all World of Hyatt members can enjoy the following perks:
- 5 base points per eligible $1 spent
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Qualifying elite night credits
- Complimentary breakfast for two guests
- Room upgrades upon availability
- Free night awards
- The World of Hyatt Credit Card holders will earn 4 bonus World of Hyatt points per $1 spent at participating SLH locations.
However, of course, there are a few restrictions:
- Hyatt’s Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to participating Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
- Minimum length of stay requirements apply at some participating SLH properties during certain times of the year.
- World of Hyatt points are awarded only on room rates. Services such as dining and spa do not earn points.
- Award Bookings at SLH properties are for 2 adults. Additional guests, including children, may be charged additional fees by the property.
- Members who book a stay at a Small Luxury Hotels properties through Hyatt aren't eligible for benefits of SLH’s own Invited loyalty program
The last thing to know is that you must book your stay through Hyatt.com to receive and earn these benefits. Booking through 3rd party sites or even SLH will exclude you from these earnings and benefits.
[Expired] Bonus Journeys Promotion
Hyatt runs quarterly promotions all year known as Bonus Journeys. These promos give you the opportunity to earn more points than normal when you meet specific requirements. This quarter, Hyatt's Bonus Journeys promo is targeted specifically for SLH hotels and gives members the opportunity to earn triple points. The requirements are as follows:
- Must stay two or more qualifying nights
- Register by August 20, 2021
- Stay through July 20 through September 15, 2021
Don't forget to register here for Hyatt's current Bonus Journeys promotion.
The ability to use your Hyatt points for more properties is always great news and only makes your World of Hyatt points that much more valuable. And thanks to Hyatt's latest Bonus Journeys promo, if you have been wanting to try out an SLH property, now is as good of time as ever.
Have you stayed at a Small Luxury Hotels property?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.