AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Amazon has announced a promotion giving you 20% off when you use Membership Rewards points to pay for all or part of your purchase. The promotion is valid through July 16, 2019, and to take advantage of the promotion you need to use at least one Membership Rewards point to pay for part of your purchase to receive a 20% bonus.
- The promotion is valid through July 16, 2019, 11:59 PT. Or when $5,000,000 in redemptions have been used up.
- Receive 20% off when you activate the offer and use Amex Membership Rewards points to pay for all or part of your purchase.
- You need to use at least one Membership Rewards point to take advantage of the promotion.
- The promotion is only valid on items sold by Amazon.com
- You can receive one promotion coupon per eligible Membership Rewards card.
- The promotion does not apply to digital content.
- Promotion does not apply to Amazon Gift Cards.
Are You Targeted?
One thing to note with this promotion is that it is a targeted, and you may find when you head to the promotion page, that it does not appear in your account. Several reports on the internet indicate that there are some steps you can take to get yourself targeted for the promotion.
- The first thing to do is remove all your Membership Rewards cards from your Amazon account.
- Secondly, re-add a Membership Rewards earning card to your Amazon account.
- Once added, you need to head over and activate the shop with points facility on your Amazon account- ensure you do note select paying with points as the default setting. Otherwise, you will end up paying for your whole order with points (which is a terrible deal!)
- At this point you can check to see if you have been selected for the promotion. Bear in mind: according to some reports this may take a few days, so check your Amazon account regularly for the next 72 hours or so.
If you have any Amazon shopping planned (and let's face it, who doesn’t- and you could always pick up some non-Amazon gift cards), then this promotion is a no brainer. Using one Membership Rewards point to get a 20% discount is very lucrative, and even if you are not targeted directly, it is worth the couple of minutes needed to take steps to get targeted.
Source: Frequent Miler
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.