AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Cathay Pacific has launched a promotion giving you 20% off awards on select routes from Hong Kong to Europe, and the U.S. The awards must be booked by August 26, 2019; however, the travel window varies by route. The discount applies to economy awards only.
- Receive a 20% discount on select Cathay Pacific awards
- Bookings must be made by August 26th, 2019.
- The discount applies to awards in economy class.
- The discount applies to select routes only.
- No open-jaw awards are allowed.
- Discount applies to one-way and round-trip awards.
The travel dates for each award vary by route, with most starting at eh beginning of October and ending at the end of November. You will need to check the full terms and conditions for the exact travel dates of the award you are interested in.
One thing to note is that the promotion does not apply to round-trip awards on all flights. And you can only book a discounted award from Hong Kong to Boston on flight CX812. The same applies to the Hong Kong to Zurich route, and you can only receive a discount on flight CX271.
Great Options to the U.S. and Europe
There are some great options on flights to/from the U.S. The following routes benefit from the 20% discount:
- Flights between Hong Kong and Boston – CX812
- Flights between Hong Kong and Los Angeles
- Flights between Hong Kong and New York (Newark)
- Flights between Hong Kong and San Francisco
- Flights between Hong Kong and Seattle
- Flights between Hong Kong and Washington, D.C.
The picture for Europe is also exciting, and you can receive a 20% discount off the following routes:
- Flights between Hong Kong and Amsterdam – CX271
- Flights between Hong Kong and Dublin
- Flights between Hong Kong and Frankfurt
- Flights between Hong Kong and Zurich
If you need to get to and from Hong Kong, then this promotion could make sense. However, a 20% discount on awards that only applies to economy cabins is not something to write home about—especially considering many of the U.S. routes are more than 12 hours in the air. Sadly, if you wanted to sample Cathay’s excellent premium cabins, you are better off leaving this promotion on the table.
- 50,000 Miles after spending $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening; worth $500 in travel if redeemed for a fixed-value, or potentially much more when transferred to airline partners
- 2 Miles on every purchase, plus earn 5 Miles on hotel bookings and car rentals through Capital One Travel
- Fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔® (up to $100)
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro for first year; $95 after that
- 2 Miles per dollar on every purchase, every day.
- 5 Miles on hotels and car rentals through Capital One Travel
Source: Doctor Of Credit
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.