AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
We reported last October that Citi ThankYou had added JetBlue as a transfer partner; while the transfer ratios are not great, currently there is a promotion offering a 50% bonus on transfers of Citi ThankYou Points to JetBlue. So, if you have some travel plans coming up with JetBlue, now is the time to use some of your Citi ThankYou Points.
The promo is available to cardmembers of the:
- Citi Premier® Card
- Citi Prestige® Card (Card no longer accepting applications)
- Citi Chairman® Card (Card no longer accepting applications)
- Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card (Card no longer accepting applications)
- Citi Forward® Card (Card no longer accepting applications)
50% Bonus Promotion
The promotion is valid on transfers through April 30, 2017. The bonus you will receive depends on which Citi ThankYou card you hold; you will receive the following bonus:
- Chairman Card, Prestige Card, and Citi Premier cardmembers receive 1.5 JetBlue Points for every 1.25 ThankYou Points transferred. This works out to a ratio of 1:1.2.
- Citi Forward and ThankYou Preferred cardmembers will receive 1.5 JetBlue Points, for every 2 ThankYou Points transferred. This works out at a ratio of 4:3.
While at first glance it seems that the rates are a little stingy, there is value to be had. If you are looking to redeem against a JetBlue Mint fare, with some proper planning, your ThankYou Points could work out to be worth around 1.6 cents, which is good value. If you do not have any travel plans involving JetBlue, then it is not worth transferring points speculatively—you are much better off holding ThankYou Points due to their versatility.
With less than ideal transfer ratios but some value, this is a worthwhile time to look at moving ThankYou Points to JetBlue TrueBlue. However, keep in mind that the transfer ratio you receive is dependent on your Citi card, with the best value coming from the Chairman Card, Prestige Card, and Citi Premier.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.