AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Aegean has announced a 50% bonus on the purchase of miles through October 31, 2018. With the promotion, you can purchase a maximum of 50,000 miles on which you will receive a 25,000-mile bonus.
- Promotion is valid on purchases through October 31, 2018
- You need to log into your Aegean account to view the promotion
- Promotion is valid on the purchase of award miles
- Receive a 50% bonus on the purchase of miles
- Maximum number of miles you can purchase per calendar year is 50,000
- If you have no flights posted to your Aegean account, the maximum number of miles you can purchase is 30,000
- Miles are sold in 1,000 miles increments and cost €25/~$29
Is It Worth It?
If you are looking for a Star Alliance partner award, the Aegean award chart has some solid redemption options. A roundtrip from North America to Europe will set you back 90,000 miles in Business class.
A one-way ticket will set you back 45,000 miles. If you purchase 30,000 miles with the promotion, it will earn you a total of 45,000 miles for ~$870. That is enough for a one-way Business class award with a Star Alliance partner. The same ticket could cost at least a few thousand dollars, some substantial potential savings to be made.
Purchasing miles speculatively isn't something you'll see us recommend, however, if you are making some upcoming travel plans it is well worth your while checking out the promotion to see if you can make it work for you.
Source: One Mile At A Time
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.