AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
American Airlines has announced its 5k challenge promotion, which will earn you up to 5K bonus miles for completing 5 qualifying activities. The announcement came at the same time that AA unveiled a new look to the AA account homepage.
- You need to register and complete your activities by September 30, 2018
- Activities completed prior to registration will not count towards your bonus
- There is no direct link to the promotion; you can access it by logging in to your AA account
The Promotion is tiered with the more activities completed, the more bonus point you earn. The tiers are as follows:
- Complete 1 activity earn 50 bonus miles
- Complete 2 activities earn 250 bonus miles
- Complete 3 activities earn 1,000 bonus miles
- Complete 4 activities earn 2,500 bonus miles
- Complete 5 activities earn 5,000 bonus miles
What AA class as an activity is as follows, and you need to complete each one at least once. Using the same activities several times does not qualify as multiple activities.
- Fly on an American Airlines marketed and operated flight
- Make any purchase with AAdvantage Shopping
- Book and stay at a hotel at bookaahotels.com
- Dine-in or carry out with AAdvantage Dining
- Rent and drive a car at aa.com
The New AA Account Homepage
The new page adds a lot of clarity and makes it easier to access the more important relevant information. The top of the page has key information about your account, as well as tabs to access your AA wallet and promotions.
Below you can find your Elite status qualification progress displaying as an infographic, and below that, you will find any upcoming trips you have with AA.
The new look to the homepage is good; it is modern easy to understand and provides you with all the information you need without the need to click through multiple sub menus. Like everything new, it will take some time to get used to and for you to be able to use it frustration-free.
Registering for the 5K challenge is precisely the kind of promotion we love. Take a second or two of your time, to register, and from now through September 30, 2018, you earn bonus points for an activity you planned to take part in. It is worth registering even if you have no plans that fit the promotion, since you never know when they might pop up, and you still earn a bonus if you only complete a few of the activities.
Source: One Mile At A Time
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.