AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Update: Registration for the promotion is closed. But, if you booked an award flight between May 8-14, you can still fly between June 1 and July 31, 2021 to earn up to 1,600 miles back.
This week marks the 40th anniversary of the American Airlines AAdvantage program. So, American Airlines is offering several great deals to help you save money and get AAdvantage extra miles for booking travel. Today's deal offers up to 1,600 miles back for booking AAdvantage award flights by May 14 for travel this summer.
AAdvantage 1,600-Mile Rebate Promotion
- This promotion is available to all AAdvantage credit cardholders, specifically:
- Register for this promotion before making your bookings
- Book award flights by May 14, 2021
- Your award flight must be between June 1 and July 31, 2021
- Earn 400 miles back for each eligible flight you complete
- You can earn up to 1,600 miles back for 4 separate flights (such as 2 round-trip flights)
Terms and Conditions
- Eligible flights are only those marketed by American Airlines and operated by American or American Eagle.
- Codeshare flights are not eligible for this promotion.
- Non-flight awards — such as upgrade awards — aren’t eligible for this promotion.
- You must complete travel to get the rebate. So, canceling your flight will prevent you from getting the rebate.
- Ensure to use your AAdvantage number at the time of booking.
- Tickets booked for passengers other than yourself will not be eligible for this promotion.
- To receive the AAdvantage promotion award miles, your AAdvantage credit card account must be open, active, and in good standing at all times. If your card account is closed for any reason, you will no longer be eligible for this offer.
- This promotion doesn’t count toward elite status qualification or AAdvantage Million Miler status.
Depending on your flight, a 400-mile rebate might not be a big deal. But if you can book some inexpensive award flights this summer, getting 1,600 back can be a nice bonus.
If you value AAdvantage miles around 1 cent each, you're only getting about $4 back per flight. However, that's better than nothing. If you already have flights you can take, all you need to do is register for this promotion to collect and collect your rebate.
Are you planning on taking any American Airlines this summer that you can book this week to take advantage of this deal?
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.