AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
UPDATE: Amex has now launched a new business program called Do More Business, check out the details here.
American Express is discontinuing its OPEN Savings program, a program where you can receive statement credits/rebates or additional bonus points with Amex business credit cards, as of June 1, 2018. The move was confirmed by a reader of Doctor of Credit when they opened a SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card from American Express and found the following note included:
The cancelation of the program impacts Amex's small business line of cards including:
- The Business Platinum® Card from American Express
- American Express® Business Gold Card
- The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express
- SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card from American Express
The businesses that knew of and actively used the OPEN Savings program are the ones hardest hit. In all likelihood, most businesses probably never paid attention to this benefit and were merely beneficiaries of the occasional bonus points or statement credits.
Source: Doctor of Credit
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.