AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Marriott Bonvoy and American Express have revamped the Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card. The card now features a host of new features and benefits — including improved elite status, discounts on hotel stays, and a solid welcome bonus. Despite all the new additions, the card's annual fee will remain at $125 per year (Rates & Fees).
New Marriott Bonvoy Business Card Benefits
The new and improved Marriott Bonvoy Business Card features include:
You will earn 100,000 Marriott Bonvoy points after spending $4,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 11/2/22.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 100,000 Bonus Marriott Bonvoy Points after spending $4,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 11/2/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy® program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy® points) at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- Rates & Fees
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases
7% Discount on Marriott Stays
Going forward, cardmembers will receive a 7% discount when booking standard rate reservations at hotel properties participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program. To receive the discount, you must book directly with Marriott Bonvoy and use your card to pay for your reservation.
This can be very lucrative for a small business owner who spends a substantial amount on stays throughout the year. If you spend just $2,000 on stays for your business, that would be a discount of $140. That more than offsets the card's annual fee. Any further savings is just gravy on top.
Improved Restaurant Earnings
Before this revamp, the card earned 4X at U.S. restaurants, wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers, U.S. shipping purchases, and purchases at U.S. gas stations.
These earning rates have been slightly improved. The card now earns 4X at restaurants worldwide, not just in the U.S. Considering that the card carries no foreign transaction fees, the Marriott Bonvoy Business Card card becomes an even better option for overseas business dining expenses. (Rates & Fees)
Complimentary Gold Elite status
The Marriott Bonvoy Business Card previously offered complimentary Marriot Bonvoy Silver Elite status. Cardholders had the option of earning Gold Elite status after spending $35,000 in a calendar year.
Now all cardholders will automatically receive complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold status with your card membership.
Card Benefits Overview
The new enhancements are in addition to the card's existing features and benefits. The Marriott Bonvoy Business Card features the following perks and benefits.
- Earn 6X points per dollar for purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award after your card's renewal month every year. Redeemable at properties costing up to 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points per night. You can top off this Free Night Award certificate with up to 15,000 points.
- Earn another Free Night Award once you spend $60,000 on your card in a calendar year. The award is also redeemable at properties costing up to 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points per night.
- Earn 2X on all other qualifying purchases.
The new enhancements to the Marriott Bonvoy Business Card are great news and add substantial value to the card. If you are eligible for a small business card (keep in mind more roles than you think can be classed as a small business), then this card makes the perfect pairing with other Marriott Bonvoy consumer cards.
Aside from the other card benefits, having the Marriott Bonvoy Business Card gives you 15 Elite Nights Credits in addition to the 15 Elite Night Credits you'll get from the personal card for a total of 30 nights. That puts you well on track towards reaching Platinum Elite status with Marriott Bonvoy.
What do you think of the new changes? Will you consider adding the Marriott Bonvoy Business Card card to your stable of Marriott credits cards?
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card (Rates & Fees)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.