AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Amex Travel is running a mystery bonus promotion for Fine Hotels & Resorts and The Hotel Collection bookings. Offers vary by dates and by hotels, and not all hotels will have a promotion available. Available deals include a free night, 25% off rooms, and 30% off suites. You must book by March 29 and travel by March 31, 2022.
This promotion is available on the Amex Travel promotions page. I'll admit I didn't know that existed until I stumbled onto it today.
Possible offers in the mystery bonus:
- a free night added on to eligible bookings
- 25% off select rooms
- 30% off suites
- Must book via AmexTravel.com by March 29, 2022
- Travel must be completed by March 31, 2022
- Offers vary by hotel
- Not all hotels will have offers available and not on all dates
- Promotions apply to new bookings only
- Blackout dates and minimum stays may apply
- Cardmember must be traveling for the offer to be valid
- No mention of location restrictions, so it should apply worldwide
Full terms and conditions can be found below the search results on the Amex Travel Promotions page.
Fine Hotels & Resorts – Mystery Bonus Examples
I searched New York City, Paris, London, Cancun, Las Vegas, Honolulu, and Lahaina (Hawaii) on random dates. London was definitely the most fruitful. Some of them didn't offer anything.
The Savoy, London – 3rd night free:
The Goring, London – 3rd night free:
Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London – 3rd night free:
Brown's Hotel, London – 3rd night free:
Trump International Hotel, Honolulu – 3rd night free:
The Lanesborough, London – 4th night free:
Shangri-La The Shard, London – 4th night free:
Bulgari Hotel, London – increased property credit:
The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun – increased property credit:
The Pierre, New York City – increased property credit:
The Hotel Collection – Mystery Bonus Examples
I also searched The Hotel Collection — which is a different set of hotels than Fine Hotels & Resorts — for New York City, Paris, London, Cancun, Las Vegas, Honolulu, and Lahaina (Hawaii) on random dates. Unfortunately, I didn't find any offers for The Hotel Collection in those cities, but I did stumble across one example for a third night free at the Kona Kai Resort & Spa in San Diego, CA.
Hotel Collection mystery bonuses seem to be more scarce than offers for Fine Hotels & Resorts properties, but they may be available for other destinations.
Select members are also receiving targeted emails about this promotion.
Stacking This Promotion to Make it Sweeter
You can make this deal even sweeter. Remember that American Express added up to $200 in annual statement credits for The Hotel Collection (requires a two-night minimum stay) and Fine Hotels & Resorts bookings for Platinum cardholders. As long as you book an eligible stay and pay with a personal Platinum card, you can receive a statement credit — up to $200 per year. And there's no enrollment required.
So, if you get $200 back on one of these bookings and get a free night, discount, or extra property credits, this could be a really great deal.
It's early in the year. Hopefully, you haven't burned through your $200 in credits from Amex hotels yet, so eligible cardmembers can combine that with this mystery bonus. The mystery bonus offers a free night, 25% off, 30% off on suites, or extra money in property credits.
Do you like this promotion? Found any good offers that you plan to book?
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Apply and select your preferred metal Card design: classic Platinum Card®, Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, or Platinum x Julie Mehretu.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings, which requires a minimum two-night stay, through American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®. And if you fly, you can receive up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year after you select a qualifying airline and incidental fees are charged by the airline to your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 back each month on eligible purchases made with your Platinum Card® on one or more of the following: Audible, Disney+, The Disney Bundle, ESPN+, Hulu, Peacock, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax. Plus Ups are excluded.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. There are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on the Equinox+ digital fitness app, or eligible Equinox club memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $189 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $189 back per year on your CLEAR® membership. CLEAR® is available at select airports and stadiums.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- Rates & Fees
- Earn 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel (up to $500,000 in purchases per calendar year).
- Earn 5X points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: The Platinum Card® from American Express (Rates & Fees)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.