AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Through December 31, 2021, you can earn up to 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points when using an Amex-issued Marriott Bonvoy Card on any PayPal transaction. This is a targeted offer, but not everyone who was targeted received an email. So, it's worth checking the link below to see if you qualify.
Marriott Bonvoy and PayPal Promotion
- Until the end of 2021, for every dollar you spend through PayPal with any Marriott Bonvoy Card, you will get 10 Marriott Bonvoy points. That's your base earning rate of 2 points per dollar plus an additional 8 bonus points per dollar.
- You must register by December 17, 2021. If you didn't receive an email, you can try registering directly with Amex.
- The promotion ends December 31, 2021.
- There is a limit of 50,000 bonus points you can earn.
- To earn the maximum 50,000 points, you will need to spend $6,250 (50,000 points divided by 8 bonus points per dollar = $6,250 in spending).
Any payment through PayPal using a linked Marriott Bonvoy card will count toward this promotion.
This promotion pairs well with Marriott's other offer this year. In the other offer, eligible Marriott Bonvoy Business cardholders can get an additional 7,500 bonus points every time they spend $7,500 on their card before December 31, 2021 (using PayPal is not required but is permitted). Check your Amex Offers for this promotion.
In recent redemptions, AwardWallet users average 1 cent per Bonvoy point in value. So, this promotion effectively gives you 10% back per dollar spent. You might not get as much value from your Bonvoy points, so you'll have to decide if you want to take advantage of this promotion for yourself.
But the first step is to check if you qualify. And consider whether you have $6,250 in upcoming spending that can be funneled through PayPal on your eligible Marriott co-branded card.
If you don't already have a Marriott Bonvoy credit card, here's an overview of all of the options — with cards issued by both Chase and Amex.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.