H/T: Frequent Miler
AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
The United MileagePlus X app is a great way to earn bonus United miles on everyday purchases. And if you've never used it before, perhaps now's the time to start. There's a deal currently to get 37X United miles — up to 19,733 United miles — when staying at Radisson hotels.
United MileagePlus X App
United launched the newest version of the MileagePlus X App at the beginning of 2019 to allow members to earn even more MileagePlus miles. Similar to Rakuten and other airline shopping portals, you will get bonus miles when opening another store's app through the United MileagePlus X App.
In addition to online purchases, you can use the app for in-person purchases. You effectively purchase a gift card for the exact amount you plan to spend in the store. Then you use the egift card QR code provided to pay for your purchase. For instance, you can buy a gift card for exactly $50.48 for PetSmart, get a QR code for exactly that amount, and then earn miles on the purchase.
United credit cardmembers earn a 25% bonus on miles earned through the app. Plus, cardholders get access to special promotions and bonus miles offers. Thus, it's a great boost to your miles using the app in conjunction with your United Chase card…if the store, hotel, restaurant, or service is available through the app.
- Earn 80k bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20k bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months.
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.
- 3 miles per $1 spent on United purchases
- 2 miles per $1 spent on all other travel
- 2 miles per $1 spent at restaurants
- 2 miles per $1 spent on select streaming services
- 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
37X United Miles at Radisson Hotels Promotion
The current big promotion is to earn 37 miles per dollar spent at Radisson hotels. The earning rate was previously 25 miles per dollar, but it was increased to 37X this week. There's a cap of 19,733 miles you can earn through this promotion. You can max out this offer by spending $533 on a single stay at a Radisson property.
- This offer is only available to MileagePlus X users who have linked a United Chase card to their account.
- You'll need to enroll in the “United Visa Rewards” program to see this offer.
- Offer is valid through September 30, 2021.
- Link to download MPX for Apple iOS
- Link to download MPX for Android via Google Play
This is a huge bonus, considering all the ways it will stack up. With the promotion, you'll get 37 miles per dollar on your stay (up to $533). If you opted in, you can also get a 2X mile bonus from the Unite elite choice offer (up to 10,000 miles).
And if you book through the Radisson app via the MileagePlus app, you'll earn the standard 20x points Radisson Rewards points — in addition to any bonus points you'll earn with your elite status. That's almost too much math for me, but essentially, you can get more than 50% back in value on your Radisson stay.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.