AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Chase Freedom Unlimited®, Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® and The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
This IHG Points Purchase promotion has ended, however, you can still purchase IHG points.
IHG has announced a promotion offering you up to an 80% bonus when purchasing a minimum of 7,000 points. The promotion is valid through May 1, 2019.
- The promotion is valid for purchases made through May 1, 2019, 11:59 p.m. ET.
- You can receive a bonus of up to 80% when you purchase IHG points.
- To receive a bonus, you need to purchase a minimum of 7,000 points.
- You can purchase a maximum of 100,000 IHG points per calendar year.
- It may take up to 72 hours for the points to post to your account.
The promotion is tiered and the bonus you receive depends on how many points you purchase. The tiers are as follows:
- Purchase a minimum of 7,000 points to receive a 40% bonus.
- Purchase a minimum of 20,000 points to receive a 60% bonus.
- Purchase a minimum of 30,000 points to receive an 80% bonus.
If you opt to maximize the promotion and purchase 100,000 points you will receive 180,000 points for a total cost of $1,000, This works out at 0.55 cents apiece.
Unfortunately, IHG Purchases are processed by Points.com — not IHG — so you cannot earn an additional bonus from cards that earn extra points for travel or hotel purchases. If you decide to purchase IHG points, your best option is to use a card optimized for everyday spending. Here are a few good options:
- Chase Freedom Unlimited®
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card
- The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
If you are in need of IHG points for a specific redemption or want to take advantage of a PointsBreaks promotion by booking in the next month or so, this promotion may be valuable to you. However, if you are looking to build up your IHG points balance for an aspirational redemption later in the year, you are better off waiting since IHG regularly offers promotions giving you a 100% bonus when you purchase points.
Source: IHG Rewards Club
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.