AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Chase Freedom Flex℠, Chase Freedom® and Chase Freedom® Student are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
You might want to rethink what card you use at the pump this month thanks to a limited-time offer available to select Chase cardholders. Now through the end of February, Chase Freedom-branded cardholders will earn 5% cashback at gas stations. This limited-time offer is excellent for Chase Freedom-branded cardholders. However, there are a few important things to note with this offer.
Freedom credit cards are known for allowing cardholders to earn unlimited cashback. But, that's not the case for this offer. Cardholders will earn 5% cashback at gas stations on the first $150 in transactions. That is, after spending $150 at the pump in a month, you'll be dropped back down to the card's standard earning rate.
All four Chase Freedom cards are eligible for this 5% cashback at gas stations offer:
- Chase Freedom Flex℠
- Chase Freedom Unlimited®
- Chase Freedom® — no longer available to new cardholders
Activating 5% Cashback at Gas Stations
To take advantage of this limited-time promotion, you'll need to activate this offer. If you skip this step, you will continue to earn 1% (Chase Freedom Flex℠ and Freedom Student) or 1.5% (Freedom Unlimited). Here's the generic Chase activation page as well as the activation page specific for Freedom cards.
Cardholders have until the last day of the month (February 28) to activate this offer. But, you'll want to activate this offer as soon as possible.
Current Offers on Freedom Cards
If you don't already have a Freedom-branded card, they're worth a closer look. Beyond earning 5% cashback at gas stations in February, these cards offer compelling earning rates on a variety of purchases:
- Earn a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Plus, earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (excluding Target® and Walmart®) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year (that's $600 cash back!).
- 5% on rotating bonus categories (up to $1,500 per quarter), 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases
- Earn an extra 1.5% on everything you buy (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year) - worth up to $300 cash back. That's 6.5% on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 4.5% on dining and drugstores, and 3% on all other purchases.
- 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1.5% on all other purchases
The Bottom Line
The Chase Freedom line of cashback cards is among the best. With no annual fees and no cap on the cashback cardholders can earn, there is a lot to love about this line of cashback cards. Plus, during February, Chase Freedom cardholders get the added benefit of 5% cashback at the pump on the first $150 in purchases at US gas stations. While this offer isn't jaw-dropping, it should lessen the burden of having to fill up your tank.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.