AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
The Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® Credit Card is currently offering a signup bonus 50,000 bonus miles and Alaska's Famous Companion Fare™ from $121 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from just $22) after you make purchases of $2,000 or more within the first 90 days of opening your account.
The value of MileagePlan miles is at it's most lucrative when redeemed across Alaska's partner airlines, particularly the international partners.
Here's an outline of benefits on Alaska's co-branded credit card:
- Alaska's Famous Companion Fare™ from $121 ($99 base fare plus taxes and fees from $22) every year on your account anniversary for Alaska flights booking on alaskaair.com with no blackout dates.
- Free checked bag on Alaska flights for you and up to six other guests on the same reservation.
- Earn 3 miles for every $1 spent on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases.
- Earn 1 mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Get 20% back on Alaska Airlines inflight purchases when you use your new card.
- Receive 50% off Alaska Lounge day passes when you use your new card.
- No foreign transaction fees, plus chip-enabled for enhanced security when used at chip-enabled terminals.
- No mileage cap.
- Miles won't expire on your active account.
- Low Annual fee of $75 (waived for the first year)
Alaska and BOA have increased the value of the companion pass offered with the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® Credit Card. New cardholders need to pay just $22 in taxes and fees for the companion pass, saving $99 off the $121 fare typically offered with this card.
Not being a member of a global airline alliance has left Alaska in a unique position for a US carrier, allowing it more freedom to choose its partners. Coupled with the ability to book stopovers on one-way flights, the value of MileagePlan is not just in its cent per point value, but the flexibility to customize itineraries and leverage the value of your miles for added experiences.
The Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® Credit Card offer may not be the most valuable co-branded card on the market, but MileagePlan miles are redeemable across a wide variety of partners and with flexible booking options. These are all things worth considering when you weigh up which cards will best suit your current travel goals.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.